Selector toolbar

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Selector toolbar

Post by triplus »

Hi @easyw-fc

AFAIR it was done on purpose. For being able to get results like this:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p169289

I don't have a strong opinion on this as both options work fine for me. If some feel FreeCAD stylesheets should change in this regard best to discuss that here:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11419
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

easyw-fc wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:57 pm
triplus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:46 pm ping
there is also a small issue with dark themes (i.e. Dark-blue)

theme-issue.png
Could you describe the issue? I cannot see it... the darker background color is correct, what is not is the color of the active workbench which has to meet with the regular toolbar background...
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

triplus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:46 pm
adrianinsaval wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:21 am Hi! Was this addon ever adapted to python 3? It has some wierd behavior in the current release. The menu doesn't seem to work and it stops functioning altogether when you move it with this error message:
Thanks for reporting the issue. This is likely PySide2/Qt5 related issue. I removed the line altogether and therefore please update selector toolbar module and test again.
Thanks, it can be moved without issues now. The menu is still not working and doesn't give any error message, I don't know what more info I can provide. It has the same function as the workbench toolbar itself so it's no big deal.

This addon is really practical, keep up the good work!
Setebos

Post by Setebos »

pablogil wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:35 pm by pablogil » Sun May 26, 2019 11:35 pm

easyw-fc wrote: ↑
Sun May 26, 2019 9:57 pm
triplus wrote: ↑
Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm
ping
there is also a small issue with dark themes (i.e. Dark-blue)

theme-issue.png
Could you describe the issue? I cannot see it... the darker background color is correct, what is not is the color of the active workbench which has to meet with the regular toolbar background...
Hi Pablogil, easyw-fc,

I found a fix to this issue (selector toolbar not having the same color that the dark theme)
You have to modify the color associated to the selector toolbar inside the style sheet, in my case, the Dark-blue.qss style sheet.
So I copied this style sheet to my freecad user folder to be able to edit it, then I found the line refering to the selector toolbar

Code: Select all

TABBAR widget (3rd party plugin)
==================================================================================================*/
QToolBar:horizontal#Selector,
QToolBar:vertical#Selector {
    background-color: #6e6e6e;)
And I modified the background color, using the one specified for background at the begining of the stylesheet. (on my quote here the color code is already modified)

Then you save the stylesheet, open freecad and you need to go to tools/edit parameters/preference/Main Windows and change the path to the new style sheet you have edited.
Restard freecad, the problem should be fixed :)

I hope it helps :)

Best
Setebos