CfdOF download numbers / active users ?

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

virengos

CfdOF download numbers / active users ?

Post by virengos »

Dear all,
I'm working daily on CFD with different Software and specialize in 3D preparation and meshing. For the model preparation, I'm often using FreeCAD and planning to do the first steps with the CfdOF Workbench, I like this idea and really appreciate your work on this project!

Currently, I'm also working on some training materials about 3D preparation, different file formats, and a blog post.

Is it possible to get some numbers about the downloads and the estimated number of CfdOF users?

Many thanks,
Damian
oliveroxtoby

Re: CfdOF download numbers / active users ?

Post by oliveroxtoby »

virengos wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:38 am Dear all,
I'm working daily on CFD with different Software and specialize in 3D preparation and meshing. For the model preparation, I'm often using FreeCAD and planning to do the first steps with the CfdOF Workbench, I like this idea and really appreciate your work on this project!

Currently, I'm also working on some training materials about 3D preparation, different file formats, and a blog post.

Is it possible to get some numbers about the downloads and the estimated number of CfdOF users?

Many thanks,
Damian
It's difficult to estimate. Github only gives the number of clones over the last 2 weeks - currently 30 unique cloners. This would pretty much equate to the number of people who installed or updated the workbench via the addon manager in that time.

The number of downloads of the cfMesh install file is reported by sourceforge as 5100 recorded for roughly the last year and 3 months, with 1400 in the last three months. This should roughly equate to the number of people who installed the workbench and the went to the preferences page and installed the dependencies as well. But I can't explain why the daily number is consistently higher than the daily number of github clones.

So...make of that what you will!
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.