Arch Building Part still touched after recompute

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

Re: Arch Building Part still touched after recompute

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:58 pm any news here. This is still not solved.
'Not solved' as in the Building Part is still touched after recompute? I thought that is already fixed. If you mean the group touched after member modification problem, you can try my branch here. This feature branch starts out as for changing the group and geo group behavior in general. But it has since evolved into a quite significant enhancement in 3D visual and selection. I am about to release it, but still testing right now, and keep having annoying little problems here and there.

The related group behavior change is that only App::DocumentObjectGroup and App::Part will auto touch itself when their children are changed. The reason is that these two types of group will export a compound shape of their visible children. It also affects how these objects behavior when doing STEP export. So touching keeps the exporting shape in sync with the current children.

This behavior is controllable through a new property 'ExportMode' in the group object. The options are 'Disabled' means no touching on child change, 'By Visibility' (default) export only visible children. 'By Query' will inject a property 'Group_Export' into each children object, and export only children with this property set to true. And finally 'Both', means export 'By Query' and 'Visibility'.

Other objects containing GroupExtension (e.g. Building Part, I guess), or GeoFeatureGroupExtension, will by default hide the 'ExportMode' property, and set to 'Disabled' by default. Python code can unhide it and change the default value if desired. End-user can reveal the property and change it, too, by right clicking the property view and choose 'Show all' menu action.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

realthunder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:50 pm
bernd wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:58 pm any news here. This is still not solved.
'Not solved' as in the Building Part is still touched after recompute? I thought that is already fixed.
This one is fixed, but there is anther one you promised to have a fix but it will take a while to get into master. This was around 4 weeks ago.

It is about the problems described in this post https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p340174
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 am This one is fixed, but there is anther one you promised to have a fix but it will take a while to get into master. This was around 4 weeks ago.

It is about the problems described in this post https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p340174
Sorry for the delay. The problem should be fixed. I'll submit the PR soon. Still doing some test.

group-vis.gif
group-vis.gif (153.35 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

great!
If you would give me some github link to a commit or branch in you repo I would give it a try too.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:55 pm great!
If you would give me some github link to a commit or branch in you repo I would give it a try too.
The branch is at https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD/tree/GroupMod
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

realthunder wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:36 pm
bernd wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:55 pm great!
The branch is at https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD/tree/GroupMod
rebases on master and compiles without any problems on Debian Buster :D

The Arch Project and Arch Site seams to works well with this branch but the Arch Layer and Arch Materials still have some strange behaviour. I have not yet foud what exactly goes wrong. I try to make a simple example like with the columns.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:37 pm I have not yet foud what exactly goes wrong. I try to make a simple example like with the columns.
Yes please. I don't really understand the things you and yorik mentioned in the other thread. An example will surely help.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

layer example ...

- load the file
- no object is shown
- activate myLayer1 --> objs of myLayer1.Group are shown :) --> but in grey color, not in real colors :(
- activate myLayer2 --> objs of myLayer1.Group are shown :) --> but in grey color, not in real colors :(

- no mater what I do objts are grey, even if layers are deactivated at all

view-problem_withLayer.FCStd
(30.84 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

bernd wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:01 am - activate myLayer1 --> objs of myLayer1.Group are shown :) --> but in grey color, not in real colors :(
- activate myLayer2 --> objs of myLayer1.Group are shown :) --> but in grey color, not in real colors :(
What are the colors you expect in your example file? I couldn't find where are the colors set.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

the one from view-problem file but they got lost somehow :shock: I need do redo the layer stuff ...