Cube menu

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Cube menu

Post by triplus »

CubeMenu.png
CubeMenu.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
CubeMenu is a FreeCAD module that provides ability for managing FreeCAD navigation cube menu structure and overall appearance.

Code repository:
https://github.com/triplus/CubeMenu
pablogil

Re: Cube menu

Post by pablogil »

Hi triplus,

It's nice you have started this :)
I have tried and I could only change the menu, I was interested in changing the cube size and "overall appearance"... how could I do it?

Thanks
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

triplus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 am CubeMenu.png

CubeMenu is a FreeCAD module that provides ability for managing FreeCAD navigation cube menu structure and overall appearance.

Code repository:
First time I see "Dimetric", "trimetric"...
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

bitacovir wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm ...
First time I see "Dimetric", "trimetric"...
Not very well known terms, but the concepts have been discussed for a very long time.
Question about axonometric view

Werner implemented it in git commit 64a94ae0f7c60fc.

Also View scaling for new documents
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:17 pm how could I do it?
There will be some options under Cube menu... -> Settings. In addition to adding such settings i need to prepare an upstream oriented PR, adding some additional parameters to the NaviCube code itself.

ETA by the end of February.
bitacovir wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm First time I see "Dimetric", "trimetric"...
By default there are now a few more items added to the navigation cube menu by default, once one installs CubeMenu. If it makes sense to add or remove an item or two, feel free to propose.

P.S. Beyond that the full command panel back-end was ported to cube menu. That comes down to being able to set predefined or fully customized global or workbench specific navigation cube menu and submenus.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Could you add parameters that control the x and y position of the navicube? So that it can be set to have an offset with one of the edges and be more comfortably used in cunjuction with glass addon.
fc_tofu

Post by fc_tofu »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:34 pm Could you add parameters that control the x and y position of the navicube? So that it can be set to have an offset with one of the edges and be more comfortably used in cunjuction with glass addon.
You can use left mouse button to drag navicube position. I donont kown whether its your intention.
fc_tofu

Post by fc_tofu »

triplus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 am CubeMenu.png

Code repository:
Well done, thank you.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

fc_tofu wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:26 am You can use left mouse button to drag navicube position. I donont kown whether its your intention.
That doesn't survive a restart, I want to always set an offset from the border automatically at start
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Yes, offset support should likely be possible. Will try to finish the work i plan to do by the end of February. I already tested some things like applying more thickness to the text and the result looks rather good, custom colors can be fun to play with too. I didn't manage to make the general opacity setting to work just yet, as selection doesn't work, once opacity gets involved, will see what i can do about that.