Modern UI

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
johnwang
Veteran

Re: Modern UI

Post by johnwang »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:55 am I dont think it's a good idea. Why we need a tab for just 4 option?
It is a bit waste. But when you keep editing and run, it is quick. No need to go back to Modern Tab to select them. Maybe could add some other tools, like the Copy, Paste,... One click to change, not two clicks.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

johnwang wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:01 pm It is a bit waste. But when you keep editing and run, it is quick. No need to go back to Modern Tab to select them. Maybe could add some other tools, like the Copy, Paste,... One click to change, not two clicks.
Hmm. Maybe this will be useful. I will take a look.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 am Uncheck it. Restart. Check again. Restart.
After a few try, It showed up. Moved to the top, all good now.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

Maybe I need to make some changes for this issue.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:03 pm Hmm. Maybe this will be useful. I will take a look.
fc has hundreds WBs. Each WB only has one TAB. Under that Tab, there is hundreds Buttons crowded there, like the FEA WB.

For example If you only want to do FEA, you want a few Tabs to do pre, run or post works. I want big buttons, not the scroll bar.

Edit:

Also, you need some tools from other WB. Like the Macro and Copy,Paste…

In these way, it is a working platform to do your single job, not just a display platform to show all the tools you never use.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

Could you provide in your setting, Switch ON/OFF autohide of Tree View, Python console and Report View.

Seems the program doesn't remember the change.

Thank you very much.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

There is "collapsible dock" on/off setting for that.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm There is "collapsible dock" on/off setting for that.
That's great.

Just wondering if you want to remove the text of your Tab. Its more than UI, more important, just like the FC/File menu. It could behave as the start point, control center, not just another WB.

You can add one menu item in your popup window, like 'About Modern UI'. There you can have more information, like version number, support contact etc

Another thing is if it possible to have a function to switch back to fc's traditional way by one click. And in traditional way, you WB still could be loaded and one key to back to Modern way. Switch between two ways. I don't mind a FC restart.

The copy, paste...functions are less important, should move out to a Tab. I do miss the easy accessed Macro WB. You have more clicks than the old way.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

johnwang wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:00 pm Just wondering if you want to remove the text of your Tab. Its more than UI, more important, just like the FC/File menu. It could behave as the start point, control center, not just another WB.

You can add one menu item in your popup window, like 'About Modern UI'. There you can have more information, like version number, support contact etc

I'm happy with recent Modern UI tab.
Another thing is if it possible to have a function to switch back to fc's traditional way by one click. And in traditional way, you WB still could be loaded and one key to back to Modern way. Switch between two ways. I don't mind a FC restart.
It's not possible. You always need a restart. Modern UI change lots of things.
The copy, paste...functions are less important, should move out to a Tab. I do miss the easy accessed Macro WB. You have more clicks than the old way.
I can put all of general toolbars to a separate tab.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:15 pm It's not possible. You always need a restart. Modern UI change lots of things.
Don't mind a restart.