LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
wmayer
Founder

Re: LibPack for Windows "Python packages"

Post by wmayer »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:53 pm
uwestoehr wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:36 pm Or do you think the shaft wizard should instead be changed so that it does no longer use the Plot WB?
I built now the Plot WB and with the build from GitHub I can now start the Shaft wizard. However I get many deprecation warnings concerning old mathplotlib things and Qt4 bindings. I also get some Python errors when generating the plots in a certain order. The question is who could take care of the wizard to update it.

I think that FC 0.19 should become ready, thus I appreciate that we develop here a final LibPack for it. It should only contain components that can be used by the user. So if the shaft wizard cannot be updated, maybe we should exclude it from FC 0.19? What do you think?
The author of the Plot and Ship module stopped maintenance a few years ago and it was discussed to move them to the add-ons repo. However, these two modules are still part of the main FreeCAD repo, too. I think Plot and Ship can be removed from the main repo now.

If the WizardShaft still needs the Plot module then the code should be changed to carefully check if the Plot module is available and if not pop-op a dialog to inform the user to install the add-on.
apeltauer

Post by apeltauer »

uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:27 am I think Plot and Ship can be removed from the main repo now.
OK. Who can/will do this to make both an addon? Maybe luzpaz can state on this?

wmayer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:27 am If the WizardShaft still needs the Plot module then the code should be changed to carefully check if the Plot module is available and if not pop-op a dialog to inform the user to install the add-on.
OK. I am no Pythionist but when the Plot WB became an addon, I will try to implement this.

Kunda1 wrote: .
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

apeltauer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 am Can someone test the netgen build?
Many thanks! is there anything special I need to set e.g. in CMake?

(Right now I am trying to create a release build and will report back.)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:20 pm Right now I am trying to create a release build and will report back.
The netgen Plugin can be compiled. I only get these compiler warnings:

Code: Select all

1>D:\FreeCAD-build\FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17\include\nglib.h(28,1): warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline (compiling source file D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_NETGEN_3D.cpp)
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3023,24): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3298,23): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3336,38): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3382,16): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3424,20): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>D:\FreeCAD-git\src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\src\NETGENPlugin\NETGENPlugin_Mesher.cpp(3428,18): warning C4804: '>': unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation
1>   Creating library D:/FreeCAD-build/lib/Release/NETGENPlugin.lib and object D:/FreeCAD-build/lib/Release/NETGENPlugin.exp
But when I go to the FEM workbench I get the same Python error about failed DLL loading as before. When I try to create to tesselate a mesh, I get:
dwm_f4qgffmOJ4.png
dwm_f4qgffmOJ4.png (12.53 KiB) Viewed 2596 times

I'll now rebuild everything from scratch and report back.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:19 pm OK. I am no Pythionist but when the Plot WB became an addon, I will try to implement this.
@loooo has done this already https://github.com/freecad/freecad-addons
"fight the good fight"
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:43 pm I'll now rebuild everything from scratch and report back.
I see now that CMake fails:

Code: Select all

CMake Error at D:/FreeCAD-build/FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17/cmake/NetgenConfig.cmake:35 (set):
  Syntax error in cmake code at

D:/FreeCAD-build/FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17/cmake/NetgenConfig.cmake:35

when parsing string

d:\Work\FC_Develop\FreeCadLibs\FreeCADLibs_12.4.2_x64_VC17\inc

Invalid character escape '\W'.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cMake/FindNETGEN.cmake:16 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:55 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Therefore I changed now all backslashes to slashes and then CMake succeeds. However, is it correct that you hardcoded in the CMake file the folders on your PC?

However, the compilation is now on its way.
Last edited by uwestoehr on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:03 pm @loooo has done this already https://github.com/freecad/freecad-addons
Great. Since Plot and Ship are now addons, should we then also remove the options from CMake to build them as workbenches?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:04 pm However, the compilation is now on its way.
It works! So after fixing the CMake issue a complete rebuilt of FC works and now I can use the Path, FEM and Mesh WB.
The Netgen compilation warnings remain, but I think they can be ignored since this is no our code, right?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

git commit be11a92f4 improves the handling in case the Plot add-on is not installed.