Fow foes four fay?
Okay, okay... I'll forgo the FUN.
Anyhow, I wanted to post public notice of the desire to, and PR in place, to split the `3D Surface` and `Waterline` operations into two independent operations. Doing so will provide a few benefits:
- shink the enormous PathSurface module,
- provide for easier code maintenance,
- make access to the Waterline operation a little easier,
- allow for further development of the two operations independently,
- pave the way for new PathWB improvements on the solar horizon, and
- greatly irritate COVID-19 to no end, expressing just a fraction(set to 3 decimal places) of our frustration in a nice PathWB conventional-offset-pattern-with-holding-tag-lead-in-and-out-dressups-using-a-6mm-4-flutted-up-cut-carbide-endmill kind of way.
As of this posting, the PR, [Path] Separate 3D Surface and Waterline into independent operations [HOLD] #3247, is not ready for merger.
Update 2020-03-26 18:45 CST - I closed above PR and created a new one ready for review, [Path] Split 3D Surface and Waterline into independent operations #3268. Thanks
Update 2020-04-01 20:09 CST - Split PR was merged into 0.19_pre.
Please post comments and suggestions here for public discussion. Those in favor say `Yea`. All those opposed, say `Nay`. You will be allotted the set amount of time by our moderator, @ChrisB, to present your arguments. If it please the PathWB committee, I make a motion to proceed with the opening arguments.