close result widget, mesh is not set back

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

close result widget, mesh is not set back

Post by bernd »

Hi guy out there.

I don't know if you have noticed the following two problems in FemWB Gui allready. It's about the resutls widget. Assumed you are in the result widget of FemWB and some mesh results are shown with colors.

- If closed is clicked the mesh is still colored.

- If the show displacement checkbox is aktiv and the mesh is deformed and closed is clicked the mesh is still deformed.
- It get's worse. If a calculation is made the deformed mesh is used for the CalculiX input file.
- It get's even more worse if the results were deleted by the user and the mesh is still colored or deformed there is no way to get the undeformed mesh back by using the gui. One needs to reload the file.

What should be done? If closed is clicked the mesh color and mesh deformation should be set back.

I tried to do this. It works but in Gui programming I'm moving on thin ice. See commit https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... 5e63e02ee5

@Przemo: Could you check this. Would you use a different approach?
PrzemoF
Veteran

Re: close result widget, mesh is not set back

Post by PrzemoF »

I can confirm this. The problem with coloured mesh staying even after the results are removed was already present when I started to code FEM changes, however the mesh deformation wasn't there or I don't remember it. We'll have to bisect that. I don't know what is the best approach to fix it - I have to understand how the mesh is coloured and deformed first.