OOFem

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

HarryvL
Veteran

Re: OOFem

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:10 pm They will be assigned if needed ...

For example for the CalculiX mesh they are not needed. Thus for calculix they are only needed for constraints like force or pressure, thus they are assigned inside each constraint writer. For example on calculix frequency analysis without constraints they are not needed at all. Z88 needs them for mesh writing too. Means they are needed for any input file writing. Thus they are assigned just at start of writing. They are assigned here: https://github.com/HarryvL/FreeCAD/blob ... py#L66-L69

Means for oofem your would copy the lines from above to https://github.com/HarryvL/FreeCAD/blob ... ter.py#L75 if you need them in any file write (which will be true if you need them for mesh writing).

hope that helps bernd
Fantastic. That worked.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

8-)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

This thread was mentioned in bernd's roadmap thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32126
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

HarryvL wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:04 pm
How's it going ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

Took a pause to brush up PyQt/Designer and Python (class and module) skills. Without that it became very much guess work and hit&miss (i.e. minimum efficiency, maximum frustration). Happy to push latest to my repo if anybody more capable wants to give it go.

Also: putting effort again in concrete. Having some ideas for improved reinforcement design and want to get it working for plates and shells. Then update the GUI with concrete options and push to repo for testing.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

It’s the “assess” branch. I just pushed the most recent files. Not sure in what state I left it.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

HarryvL wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:12 pm Happy to push latest to my repo if anybody more capable wants to give it go.
What does work ATM? How far is the implementation of input file writing (module writer.py) and mesh writing (module importOOFemMesh.py)

cheers bernd
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:00 pm What does work ATM? How far is the implementation of input file writing (module writer.py) and mesh writing (module importOOFemMesh.py)

cheers bernd
Hi Bernd. OOFEM solver Object can be selected from the menu, gets added and can initiate file writing. So far I only implemented the writing of a dummy mesh to the OOFEM input file. In addition I added comments on the OOFEM file structure.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

we should get the following working ...

- tetra10 meshes
- one material for the whole body
- fixed contraint
- force contraint

if this would work, we could think about making a PR to main branch. I would give a helping hand if needed?!

Rebased your code on master and fixed rebase problems. See https://github.com/berndhahnebach/FreeC ... s/femoofem