FEM analysis issue

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

XtyM

Re: FEM analysis issue

Post by XtyM »

I will download (this evening) some exemples about constraints contact between parts that are already posted in the forum to check if my installation can run them. I will report back.

Regards.
XtyM

Re: FEM analysis issue [Solved]

Post by XtyM »

I deleted the sub mesh for the transversal bar and it solved the problem. So something is going wrong at the time to create a croaser mesh to the the sub-componenent (transversal bar) with a region mesh.

Than you all for your support.
Attachments
Deleted sub mesh (region of mesh)
Deleted sub mesh (region of mesh)
Skärmbild från 2019-10-14 16-02-06.png (289.09 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Calculated!.
Calculated!.
Skärmbild från 2019-10-14 15-59-28.png (285.2 KiB) Viewed 868 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

submeshs are not suppoerted by FreeCAD. Mesh regions and mesh groups are supported. If you have used either of both may be deactivate the preference of automatic constraint group meshing in FEM preferences. This speeds up a lot but could have problems in some circumstances.
XtyM

Post by XtyM »

bernd wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm submeshs are not suppoerted by FreeCAD. Mesh regions and mesh groups are supported. If you have used either of both may be deactivate the preference of automatic constraint group meshing in FEM preferences. This speeds up a lot but could have problems in some circumstances.
Perfect! now I do know the motive, and the alternatives to acelerate the process or not and how i can combine them.

Great Support!.

Regards.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

stay tuned! We will have group support for Netgen meshes soon! https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35778 Just keep in mind the FreeCAD motto, "Its done when its done" :mrgreen: