FEM with variable boundaries

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

MW57

FEM with variable boundaries

Post by MW57 »

Hello there !

I am new with FreeCAD. Can someone say me if it is possible to make FEM calculus with variable loads like for instance the evolution of the pressure along the axis of a solid rocket motor ?

Best regards,

MW57
bernd
Veteran

Re: FEM with variable boundaries

Post by bernd »

MW57 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 pm Hello there !

I am new with FreeCAD. ...
welcome to FreeCAD FEM. Make sure to read https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12212

MW57 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 pm ... Can someone say me if it is possible to make FEM calculus with variable loads like for instance the evolution of the pressure along the axis of a solid rocket motor ?
Would you like to do one analysis which has a changing the load value along an axis, or would you like to do multiple analysis with changing load value in each analysis?

cheers bernd
MW57

Post by MW57 »

Hello,
I would like to do one analysis which has a changing of the load value along an axis. But additionally the burning surface of the propellant is evolving during time in a solid rocket motor. So I look for a solution to do CFD applied to this problem. Perhaps with OpenFOAM if it is possible to do geometry surfaces evolving during time and hence during calculus ?
Best Regards,
MW57
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

In the regard of CFD with OpenFoam you should make a post in OpenFoam part of the forum.

There is ATM no constraint to apply a load with changing value. You would have to do this manually by adding multiple constraints with different load values. I would start with rought values and only rare different values. If it works I would add as many constraints as needed but with Python. With a few lines of Python this is nearly as comfortable as with a Gui.