Linear/Circular/Multitransform improvement

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
StarBootics

Linear/Circular/Multitransform improvement

Post by StarBootics » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Something I miss from Catia V5 about linear pattern (it's being called repetitions if I recall correctly) is the abilities to disable instances within the pattern. For example a 3X3 holes pattern with the central one missing (see the attachment picture).

Best regards
StarBootics
Attachments
2DLinear pattern-missing hole.png
2DLinear pattern-missing hole.png (22.83 KiB) Viewed 523 times
DeepSOIC

Re: Linear/Circular/Multitransform improvement

Post by DeepSOIC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Possible with Lattice2 add-on. And the particular pattern you show should be reasonably easy to achieve with PartDesign Multitransform.
StarBootics

Post by StarBootics » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:14 am

DeepSOIC wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm
Possible with Lattice2 add-on. And the particular pattern you show should be reasonably easy to achieve with PartDesign Multitransform.
I will try "Lattice2" add-on as soon as the problem I have reported here will be solved. I know with the example I have provided is very simple and not reflect all complex cases we may encounter, another example (See attachment)

And something I forget, for now we need to provide the complete distance and number of occurrences in the pattern then the occurrence spacing is being calculated in background. What I would like to have is to specify the occurrence spacing and number of occurrences in the pattern because it's more common way to specify patterns. see here for example.

Best regards
StarBootics
Attachments
Holes pattern.png
Holes pattern.png (23.35 KiB) Viewed 474 times
StarBootics

Post by StarBootics » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:48 am

Hello everyone,

I have try the Lattice2 workbench it's little bit complicated to get used to it but it's working fine with some limitations. It's little bit complicated to edit back after everything is set and done.

I still prefer a more integrated solution to the Part Design workbench than a separated workbench. I will use the "Lattice2 workbench" for the time being.

Best regards
StarBootics