Would be nice to have up to four decimal places on pad ..

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
petefromtn

Would be nice to have up to four decimal places on pad ..

Post by petefromtn »

I have been chatting with Danielfalk on the IRC lately about the Freecad and its ability to work in non metric mode until they come out with an english or SAE update. He showed me how to adjust the units integer to allow three decimal places. Now that I can draw in inch decimals it is much nicer to use the program but unfortunately when you go to pad or pocket and it gives you the depth input window you only can input two decimal places. In the DRAWING and in part design you can input any dimension you need but not in this pad/pocket window. Fortunately you can then EDIT that part down below the window but it occasionally will not allow me to do that. It would be real nice if the pocket or pad dialog box would also allow additional decimal places. Once I can get a drawing finished and correctly sized this way I can then import into Cam. I know this forum is new and there is not officially a place for bugs or fix issues but I figured I would post here. Thanks Daniel and Yorick and Normand for all your help. Peace

Pete
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Would be nice to have up to four decimal places on pad .

Post by NormandC »

Hello Pete!
petefromtn wrote:I know this forum is new and there is not officially a place for bugs or fix issues but I figured I would post here.
Actually the forum in this current form has been in existence since 2009. It's just been migrated to a webhost other than Sourceforge last week. Everything from the old forum was migrated here, including the user accounts.

And there is a place for bugs, issues and enhancement requests, the Mantis bug tracker. http://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/my_view_page.php

There is already a request to add more decimal places. issue #1178

Cheers,

Norm
garyb

Post by garyb »

Additionally CNC controllers typically have a precision of 0.001 mm and 0.0001" Additional precision is needed even using metric units.
garyb

Post by garyb »

petefromtn wrote: He showed me how to adjust the units integer to allow three decimal places.
I assume this is changed in the parameter editor. Please provide details for this adjustment.