missing feature to change loft section order

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: missing feature to change loft section order

Post by uwestoehr »

Hmm, after you merged my https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3876 and your subsequent fixes, the intended feature does no longer work:
I have a sweep with several sections and I cannot select one section and press DEL. I can use the context menu to delete, but not the DEL key.

I cannot see from the code why this happens. I worked yesterday on my development PC.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 am However, in your example, the resulting part's outer wall is black (the color I get when e.g. unions fail):
That means only that the inside is out, which happens because the shape starts inside in the other direction.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 am What about my PR for lofts:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3871
Do I have to change there anything to be merged?
I can only merge one PR after the other...
uwestoehr wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:45 am Hmm, after you merged my https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3876 and your subsequent fixes, the intended feature does no longer work:
I have a sweep with several sections and I cannot select one section and press DEL. I can use the context menu to delete, but not the DEL key.
I haven't touched anything in this regard. Are you sure it has worked before? When I use the Del key in the sections panel I get this Qt warning:
QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Entf
Since you have added the Del shortcut to all three sub-panels and they are all active at the same time Qt is not able to handle this. A workaround is to hide the other two sub-panels with the arrow buttons.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 pm I can only merge one PR after the other...
You misunderstood me. I know your spare time is limited. I was just seeing merge conflicts because of your recent changes. So I wondered if I have to do something according to your recent changes. So no time pressure but need to learn. (You know I will have to extend the pad feature soon and see that I need to learn more in the UI field.)

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:45 am I haven't touched anything in this regard. Are you sure it has worked before?
Argh, I am so untalented. To keep the overview I collapsed the other 2 lists and only worked on one. And yes, with my test setup:
FreeCAD_kCEFDhIuAh.png
FreeCAD_kCEFDhIuAh.png (15.4 KiB) Viewed 848 times
it works.

Of course I cannot bind the same key to 3 different lists. Stupid me.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

You misunderstood me. I know your spare time is limited. I was just seeing merge conflicts because of your recent changes. So I wondered if I have to do something according to your recent changes. So no time pressure but need to learn. (You know I will have to extend the pad feature soon and see that I need to learn more in the UI field.)
Ah, no action required. I will merge it soon and fix the conflicts myself.
Argh, I am so untalented. To keep the overview I collapsed the other 2 lists and only worked on one. And yes, with my test setup:
Don't worry it's not about talent, it's about experience and to learn the pitfalls of the used libraries. So, far you did a very good job with all your PRs.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 pm ...So I wondered if I have to do something according to your recent changes...
There was one according to your yesterday's commits. Here's the PR: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3877