Using Parts in Path from an Assembly 4

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
monofone1

Re: Using Parts in Path from an Assembly 4

Post by monofone1 »

Thanks all for the great support,

I checked out the latest master and compiled it.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18779 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: master
Hash: cbe161b4e464a49e8d16fd9a1bf3b5e8d72de24d
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

Closing FreeCAD I get the questions for saving all dependent files, each file gave an error message:
<Gui> Document.cpp(996): Document::getDependentDocuments: The graph must be a DAG.

This was already in earlier versions the case.

I hope the saved file is now without any absolute paths. But as stated by Zolko, there is at the moment no way to mill directly from assembly 4 parts.

If someone has another idea I'm glad to hear about.

Regards Sören
Attachments
flinny_box.zip
Just saved ine latest FreeCad
(180.52 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

monofone1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:14 pm there is at the moment no way to mill directly from assembly 4 parts. If someone has another idea I'm glad to hear about.
It's not possible to mill from an App::Part, and since Assembly4 uses App::Part as building blocks you can't directly mill. What you can do is copy the body/solid of your part into a new document, and do the Path things there:
Side_Large_Path.png
Side_Large_Path.png (220.34 KiB) Viewed 520 times

BUT ... why do you have 2 files for the 2 large sides, and 2 for the 2 small sides: are they not identical ? Because if they are identical, you are supposed to have 1 file for the large sides, and link that file twice into the assembly. That's the whole point of App::Link.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I tried to create a simple copy of the whole Part. It sort of worked, i.e. it looks ok, but Check geometry shows lots of errors and Path doesn't recognize any of the solids either.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
monofone1

Post by monofone1 »

chrisb wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:42 am I tried to create a simple copy of the whole Part. It sort of worked, i.e. it looks ok, but Check geometry shows lots of errors and Path doesn't recognize any of the solids either.
Thank your for already trying this, I didn't find the time yesterday, is it possible that the errors arise from the dependency to the worksheet with the measurements ?