A2plus usage question ... placement, sizing, parameter, save_require

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
lutz_dd

A2plus usage question ... placement, sizing, parameter, save_require

Post by lutz_dd » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:40 pm

(1.1) How can I enforce a placement during the import of an objectes to position 0,0,0 without any mouse usage.
Is there an option to get rid of the mouse handling. I prefer the Part-WB style of inserting a new shape.

(1.2) In case of a single,imported object the original object name is overridden by the file name.
I would prefer to keep the object name over the file name, because A2plus allows to have different objects imported from the same file.

(2.1) Is there any chance to get sizing applied to the imported object to prevent cloning?
At the moment I put all imported objects into a group and work with clones only.

(2.2) Is there any chance to propagate parameters through the hierarchy. I'm using a spreadsheet in most of my files.
It may depend on the mode ... top/down (change object instance parameter) respective bottom/up (having just one ref-file for all files).

(3) For my curiosity ... why is it required to save the file before doing anything?

---
Navigation Style = Gesture
By intention no constraints are used at the moment. I have seen an origin of "x = 40 nanometer" after applying a constraint.
A2plus 0.4.32
---
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.18990 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: e499f384240196c415f207520bfbcb8df9d1b0d2
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
chrisb

Re: A2plus usage question ... placement, sizing, parameter, save_require

Post by chrisb » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Concering 2.2: I'm not sure about propagating parameters, but I think it is not possible. But you can use the same Spreadsheet for all of your files, it's documented on the Expressions wiki page in the paragraph "Cross document linking".
lutz_dd

Re: A2plus usage question ... placement, sizing, parameter, save_require

Post by lutz_dd » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Thx chrisb ... works like a charme.

Just for completeness ...
File = TapeBase.FCStd with the Spreadsheet named "sht" having alias (parameter) "d0" defined
TapeBase#<<sht>>.d0 --> 0.6mm ... perfect