context menu missing icons Partdesign item in Assembly

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

context menu missing icons Partdesign item in Assembly

Post by jmaustpc »

The context menu in tree view can show these three items with no icons... best to look at the picture..could someone tell me how they are intended to work? So I can workout what an icon might look like. These menu items only come up when I am in PartDesign workbench ...so possibly a question for Jan?
no_icons_context_menu_Pad_Assembly_FreeCAD.png
no_icons_context_menu_Pad_Assembly_FreeCAD.png (95.33 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
They look like they are for manipulating the contents of a Body

The first one
Insert here

this one is the only one there if I right click on the body ...is it for inserting an object into a body?

the second
Move object to other body
is obvious and I made this icon
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_16px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_16px.png (678 Bytes) Viewed 2648 times
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_32px.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

the third
Move object after other object
Is this just reordering the display order of an object within the Body or does it do something more functional?

I have been trying to use them but they seem to either do nothing or sometimes crash FreeCAD, so I thought I would ask.

Jim
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: context menu missing icons Partdesign item in Assembly

Post by jmaustpc »

I don't know if we will need up needing any or all of these, but I thought I would post them here for others to see. The SVGs are zipped up as well, just in case anyone wants them.

firstly new versions of "move to other Body" in my last post

firstly flipped sides, looks better as it is closer to what the treeview looks like
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_1_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_1_32px.png (675 Bytes) Viewed 2626 times
remove "boxes" from Bodies
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_2_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_2_32px.png (588 Bytes) Viewed 2626 times
better arrows
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_3_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_to_Other_Body_3_32px.png (678 Bytes) Viewed 2626 times

An icon for "insert here" ...to insert something into a body
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Insert_Here_2_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Insert_Here_2_32px.png (465 Bytes) Viewed 2626 times

"Move Object after other Object" ...don't know what that is supposed to do but I came up with this for reordering the list within a Body.
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_Object__After_Other_Object_2_32px.png
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Move_Object__After_Other_Object_2_32px.png (709 Bytes) Viewed 2626 times

All the above zipped up in SVG format
PartDesign_Tree_Context_Menu_Insert_Here2.svg.zip
(24.33 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Anyway I thought these might be useful in the future either directly or as inspiration for something else.

Jim