New beginner's tutorial series in the wiki

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drei

New beginner's tutorial series in the wiki

Post by drei »

Hi all,
Just letting you know that I'll start laying the groundwork for a new series of tutorials aimed at absolute beginners. The main page is here: [wiki]Beginner's tutorial series[/wiki].

Feel free to contribute to that page or the other links once they are created.

Also, should this type of posts still be in the Wiki subforum or moved to the Tutorials and Videos subforum.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
chrisb
Veteran

Re: New beginner's tutorial series in the wiki

Post by chrisb »

The quote in the wiki's title seems to disturb the markup. Can this be fixed?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

It's been more than 7 months since you created these pages and they are still empty.

Do you plan on working on them anytime soon? Otherwise, what's the purpose of having empty tutorial pages in the wiki, listed in Category:Tutorials. I'm just putting myself in the shoes of beginners who find these pages. This is not giving them a good experience.

:roll:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

No reply from drei in the past 3 weeks since I posted. Those "tutorials" pages are still empty 8 months after their creation.

Having empty pages on the wiki for so long, and with no expected completion is unacceptable. It makes us look bad. I'm wondering why I should not delete them outright. :roll:
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

NormandC wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 am No reply from drei in the past 3 weeks since I posted. Those "tutorials" pages are still empty 8 months after their creation.

Having empty pages on the wiki for so long, and with no expected completion is unacceptable. It makes us look bad. I'm wondering why I should not delete them outright. :roll:
+1
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is almost nothing to lose. The page still talks about the development version 0.17 and PartDesign Next and it is not in a sandbox :roll: . My vote: delete it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Okay, I waited a few more months and still no response from drei, so I just deleted all the pages.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:17 pm Okay, I waited a few more months and still no response from drei, so I just deleted all the pages.
It is like the steaks of my mother in law: well done!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Aw come on man. Now I want to eat steak! :lol:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:58 pm Aw come on man. Now I want to eat steak! :lol:
Not one of those :x !