Install on Unix locked

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
renatorivo
Veteran

Install on Unix locked

Post by renatorivo »

The attempt to move https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Install_on_Unix has blocked the page.
Here is the error message:

Code: Select all

[039cd6da252f23fb7091d547] /wiki/Special:MovePage/Install_on_Unix TypeError from line 114 of /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/extensions/Translate/tag/TranslatablePage.php: Argument 1 passed to TranslatablePage::newFromTitle() must be an instance of Title, null given, called in /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/extensions/Translate/tag/TranslatablePageMoveJob.php on line 56

Backtrace:

#0 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/extensions/Translate/tag/TranslatablePageMoveJob.php(56): TranslatablePage::newFromTitle(NULL)
#1 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/jobqueue/JobRunner.php(295): TranslatablePageMoveJob->run()
#2 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/jobqueue/JobRunner.php(193): JobRunner->executeJob(TranslatablePageMoveJob, Wikimedia\Rdbms\LBFactorySimple, BufferingStatsdDataFactory, integer)
#3 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(962): JobRunner->run(array)
#4 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(948): MediaWiki->triggerSyncJobs(integer, MediaWiki\Logger\LegacyLogger)
#5 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(900): MediaWiki->triggerJobs()
#6 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(719): MediaWiki->restInPeace(string, boolean)
#7 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(740): MediaWiki->{closure}()
#8 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(553): MediaWiki->doPostOutputShutdown(string)
#9 /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()
#10 {main}
This has already happened with https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/CompileOnUnix
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Install on Unix locked

Post by kkremitzki »

I wonder if this is an upstream bug? I hesitate to try a wiki upgrade with things in an incomplete state but it seems things have been broken for a while so I am interested in resolving this whatever steps might need to be taken.

Is a wiki admin still needed to try something? I can give myself admin rights and give it a shot.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/sysop

Looking at the permissions, you (@renatorivo) should be able to move a page. Maybe if somebody with additional "bureaucrat" permission would try, to see if there is any difference.

Anyway, looking at the message, i didn't get any direct clues for now. Looks like it is related to Translate extension. Do such extensions get updated regularly? Some similar issues did mention the need to run update.php on each MediaWiki (extension) upgrade.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Update.php

Now if i remember correctly, we don't have (direct shell) access and likely this hasn't been done in a while? If that is correct, that i guess could start to show in some form. But this could end up being unrelated.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

triplus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:51 pm Looking at the permissions, you (@renatorivo) should be able to move a page.
Of course, I have successfully moved other pages, but if I open this page as administrator I get this message:
"You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
This page is locked because the translatable page is currently being moved."
and the page is never moved.
triplus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:51 pm Maybe if somebody with additional "bureaucrat" permission would try, to see if there is any difference.
It would be useful to try this.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

renatorivo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm "You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
This page is locked because the translatable page is currently being moved."
and the page is never moved.
I confirm I see this + I saw this in the past when attempting to fix this issue.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

If i combine all the info, it starts to make sense:
renatorivo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm This page is locked because the translatable page is currently being moved."
Therefore on move operation the page likely gets locked, moved and unlocked. But as a move operation has failed:
wiki/extensions/Translate/tag/TranslatablePage.php: Argument 1 passed to TranslatablePage::newFromTitle() must be an instance of Title, null given, called in /home/freecadweb/public_html/wiki/extensions/Translate/tag/TranslatablePageMoveJob.php on line 56
The outcome is no page got moved, but the original page is still considered locked. Now we need to determine, on what kind of a lock we are talking about. As the lock was introduced by the Translation extension, likely this isn't the same lock, as setting/unsetting the page protection?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Protected_pages

Best to first check if "unprotecting" the page is the same as unlocking it. After i guess best to focus on why Translate extension is causing issues in the first place. As without solving that, each time some page will get moved, the issue will likely occur again. Checking if MediWiki and Translate extenison are up to date is i guess the first sensible thing to do. After that is settled and if the issue will persist i guess figuring out on how to run update.php is the next step. Likely best to send an e-mail to hosting provider, if they are prepared to do it. It does say that running update.php can sometimes result in corruption. Not sure if we can create a database backup before running it.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Waiting to unlock the page, I created https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Install_on_Linux/Unix for any changes.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @renatorivo

Yes, that is a solution for now. I more or less helped to determine, on what is likely going on, based on the available info. Now one of the people having more access, on the server side, will need to take over.

P.S. Until this problem is resolved, on the server side, i would not recommend to move any pages on Wiki.
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

Triplus, fyi, on top & bottom of the wiki pages of "Install on Windows" and "Install on Mac", I've modified the shortcut pointing to "Install on Unix" to the new page created by Renotorivo "Install on Linux/Uinx". If you consider it's wrong, sorry and cancel that modifications.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Sounds good.