Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning

Post by david69 »

what is the difference in term of function between Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning?

we read:
The Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning tool allows the user to create drawing of reinforcing bars.
The Reinforcement Drawing tool allows the user to create drawing of reinforcing bars.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning

Post by chrisb »

Sorry, can't answer your question, but a hint: the names "Drawing" "Drawing Dimensioning" may be rather misleading, as there used to be such workbenches which are now obsolete.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

david69 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:23 pm what is the difference in term of function between Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning?
These pages were created by Suraj Dadral, one of the guys working on the Reinforcement addon. Please ask him directly in the Arch subforum, or talk to him in his GitHub repository. Don't expect me to tell you exactly where these pages come from, do some investigation yourself.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

david69 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:23 pm what is the difference in term of function between Arch Rebar Drawing & Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning?

we read:
The Reinforcement Drawing Dimensioning tool allows the user to create drawing of reinforcing bars.
The Reinforcement Drawing tool allows the user to create drawing of reinforcing bars.
Hi @david69

There are 3 wiki pages related to this:
1. Arch_Rebar_Drawing: This describes the functions that can be used to get rebars drawing. (without dimensioning)
2. Arch_Rebar_Dimensioning: This describes the functions that can be used to perform rebar dimensioning. (assuming drawing is created by following first wiki page)
3. Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning: This describes the function that can be used to get rebar drawing with dimensioning. (combines functionality of first and second wiki)

The problem in above wiki pages which makes them looks same is, they all have same example image on top of page. This needs to be changed.
And things will be more clear when they also have their respective icons included.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion also. :)

Thanks,
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

thanks Suraj for these explanations.

if i well understand, the two first options are in someway sub-options of Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning.

if so, I would have made a single wiki page with a first chapter corresponding to Rebar Drawing Dimensioning and two other chapters describing the two options.

the introduction would describe the purpose of the function and its options.

the black point to merge these three pages is that with all the code and details given in the examples, this single page would be long. one possibility to shorten it is to hide code and examples.
amrit3701

Post by amrit3701 »

Suraj Dadral wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:14 pm Please let me know if you have any other suggestion also. :)
Also, add a temporary note at the top of pages, that work present in develop branch of Rebar addon. Later on, when things will merge in master we will remove this note. ;)

Also, update the page name from "Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning" to "Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning API"
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
Suraj Dadral

Post by Suraj Dadral »

david69 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 pm if i well understand, the two first options are in someway sub-options of Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning.

if so, I would have made a single wiki page with a first chapter corresponding to Rebar Drawing Dimensioning and two other chapters describing the two options.

the introduction would describe the purpose of the function and its options.

the black point to merge these three pages is that with all the code and details given in the examples, this single page would be long. one possibility to shorten it is to hide code and examples.
Hi @david69

Thanks for the explanation. The Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning wiki page has been updated:
- Arch_Rebar_Drawing -> Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning#Reinforcement_Drawing
- Arch_Rebar_Dimensioning -> Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning#Reinforcement_Dimensioning

Now, Arch_Rebar_Drawing and Arch_Rebar_Dimensioning wiki pages may be deleted.

amrit3701 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm Also, add a temporary note at the top of pages, that work present in develop branch of Rebar addon. Later on, when things will merge in master we will remove this note. ;)
Hi @amrit3701

The above is done and can be checked on wiki page: Arch_Rebar_Drawing_Dimensioning

amrit3701 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm Also, update the page name from "Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning" to "Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning API"
I tried to move page from Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning to Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning API but got permission issue, as Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning page is translated and I dont have permission to move translated wiki pages.
So, leaving it as it is. Also, later on in future, when gui will be made for "Reinforcement Drawing Workbench", then small changes in Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning will complete its documentation. So, having page name Arch Rebar Drawing Dimensioning seems fine for now.

Thanks,