Part-o-magic [New: Selection tools, container duplication]

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Part-o-magic [New tool: X-ray]

Post by DeepSOIC »

easyw-fc wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 pm would it be possible to keep the edge/face selected on first click as selected also when X-ray button is clicked?
yes, it actually took some effort to clear that selection =)
I did it because it looked quite strange when selected face remained...

If you want to play with it, locate Mod/Part-O-Magic/PartOMagic/Gui/View/XRay.py, and comment out the line that clears selection (line 51). Your request sounds reasonable. I'll give it a think/try again.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Nice!
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

That is a very helpful tool. I with to have an xray view like Solidworks, Creo and others.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

DeepSOIC wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 pm If you want to play with it...
Hi @DeepSOIC,
I use quite a lot STEP import/export in FreeCAD... then 'Part' container is very common...
It would be possible to have your Ghost working also with a 'Part' assembly?
For example I would need to make a Cut or a Union of objects from a Part container with external objects or even with an other Part container...
ATM I need to make a deep copy of the 'Part' container and make the boolean with those.. but this will not be parametric... with your Ghost it will be :)
Thx for having a look at
Maurice
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

easyw-fc wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm It would be possible to have your Ghost working also with a 'Part' assembly?
For example I would need to make a Cut or a Union of objects from a Part container with external objects or even with an other Part container...
Hi!, yes that is possible, but I will more likely make it as an independent tool, rather than cramming it into ghost.

Since you asking about ghost, does it mean it has to be cross-container and placement-capable like ghost is?
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

DeepSOIC wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 pm
easyw-fc wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm It would be possible to have your Ghost working also with a 'Part' assembly?
Hi!, yes that is possible, but I will more likely make it as an independent tool, rather than cramming it into ghost.
that sounds even better :D
DeepSOIC wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 pmSince you asking about ghost, does it mean it has to be cross-container and placement-capable like ghost is?
yes, cross-container and placement capable would be perfect, and if possible, it would be nice to get all the sub-objects (like 'Part' in 'Part' hierarchy)

Thanx a lot for your work, this would help a lot in many STEP handling.
Maurice
PS I'm excited also in waiting for a new Icon too ;)
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

easyw-fc wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm...
Done!

New feature:
* MUX assembly
Copies all shapes from Part hierarchy into a compound of same hierarchy. Supports exculsion list (names), compound flattening (for fusion), and is ghost-like (takes container placements into account).
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

DeepSOIC wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:56 pm
easyw-fc wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm...
Done!

New feature:
* MUX assembly
Copies all shapes from Part hierarchy into a compound of same hierarchy. Supports exculsion list (names), compound flattening (for fusion), and is ghost-like (takes container placements into account).
Whow, great. Thank you so much Viktor.

@Viktor, please can you show an example on how to use.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

DeepSOIC wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:56 pm Done!

New feature:
* MUX assembly
Great Thanks a lot! Part-o-magic is doing the Magic again! :)
Just an other small request... it would be possible to keep also face colors in the MUX container?
Thanks a lot again! :D
Maurice
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Part-o-magic [New tool: MUX Assembly]

Post by DeepSOIC »

easyw-fc wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:38 pm it would be possible to keep also face colors in the MUX container?
Ugh, I know you love colors :P but I still haven't looked into if it is possible to copy face colors with python.