[Merged]icons Part workbench fixes and add Part_Export

Merged, abandoned or rejected pull requests are moved here to clear the main Pull Requests forum.
jmaustpc
Veteran

[Merged]icons Part workbench fixes and add Part_Export

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi guys
Here is some more for you.

I don't think any of these fixes are controversial, the icons involved either already existed, or Yorik approved their creation/modifications. Due to my lack of experience, I am always a little concerned that I may have the code technically incorrect in someway. It certainly compiles and runs perfectly.

I have extensively tested all my changes, so I doubt there will be any bugs from a users perspective at least.

Here is my (rebased :)) git repository.

https://github.com/jmaustpc/FreeCAD_sf_ ... ll_request

Here is a summary of the changes
1) created and displayed an icon for Part_Export, same style as the existing Part_Import icon.
2) display the tree icon for Part_RuledSurface, I set it so that it shows the children shapes in the tree but does not auto-hide them. This makes Part_RuledSurface's behaviour consistent with Part_Mirror and different to for example Part_fuse. I made the code to auto hide the wrote a brief description and commented the code and description out, so that others can easy change this if they want to. Basically If you create a couple of lines then created the ruled surface, you could possibly expect it to auto-hide the Lines, however this is a real pain if you are selecting a sub-shape line off a shape (e.g. a box) as it would auto-hide the box. If you are making a shell from a series of ruled surfaces, using the edge of one as one of the edges of the next, you also do not want auto-hiding of the children shapes.
3) I change the auto name on creation, from "Filled_shape" to "Ruled_Surface"
4) switched over Part_Mirror's icon from the existing PNG icon to the existing SVG icon
5) flipped the direction of the import/export arrows to Werner's preference.

Jim
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: icons Part workbench various fixes and add Part_Export

Post by jmaustpc »

yorik
Founder

Re: icons Part workbench various fixes and add Part_Export

Post by yorik »

Looks ok to me, I merged your branch already. Thanks for the work!