Easy Tutorial

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro

Re: Easy Tutorial

Post by drmacro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Apologies. :oops:

I haven't used 0.18 for almost 2 years. I forget the artwork has changed.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."

My beginners, written treatise: Learning FreeCAD
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm

Roy_043 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:07 pm
That is the new v0.19 icon. In v0.18 it is just a red dot. It is the first tool in the 'Sketcher constraints' toolbar.
Hi Roy, Thank you so much, that worked, so now I can continue, much appreciated, Regards DM
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Roy_043 wrote:
That is the new v0.19 icon. In v0.18 it is just a red dot. It is the first tool in the 'Sketcher constraints' toolbar.
Hi Roy, Thank you so much, that worked, so now I can continue, much appreciated, Regards DM
Hi Roy, Can you help with my other problem, the grid size ?? god knows what is going on but sometimes it is fine , small, but then I start a new Tutorial and the grid is massive ?? so what am I doing or not doing, any help appreciated, Regards DM
drmacro

Post by drmacro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm
Can you help with my other problem, the grid size ?? god knows what is going on but sometimes it is fine , small, but then I start a new Tutorial and the grid is massive ?? so what am I doing or not doing, any help appreciated, Regards DM
The grid, in Sketcher, auto sizes to encompass the extents of the current geometry of the sketch.

But, I think I remember there being a sizing issue in 0.18.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."

Dinoman

Post by Dinoman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm

drmacro wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 pm
Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm
Can you help with my other problem, the grid size ?? god knows what is going on but sometimes it is fine , small, but then I start a new Tutorial and the grid is massive ?? so what am I doing or not doing, any help appreciated, Regards DM
The grid, in Sketcher, auto sizes to encompass the extents of the current geometry of the sketch.
Thanks Roy,so how can I alter the current geometry of the sketch ??, Regards DM
drmacro

Post by drmacro » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm

Well, one of two tings has happened, it is the bug I referred to, or there is some geometry way out away from the origin and the grid is sizing to that.

Have you closed the sketch a reopened it? Does that make it smaller? If so, that's probably the bug. If not then probably unwanted geometry.

Also...I'm not Roy. :mrgreen:

Dinoman

Post by Dinoman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 pm

drmacro wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:08 pm
Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm

Well, one of two tings has happened, it is the bug I referred to, or there is some geometry way out away from the origin and the grid is sizing to that.

Have you closed the sketch a reopened it? Does that make it smaller? If so, that's probably the bug. If not then probably unwanted geometry.

Also...I'm not Roy. :mrgreen:
Hi Sorry Drmarco,I had two files saved so I deleted them and now I have what looks like a normal screen, and I had almost completed another Tutorial when it said click on Pad and I could not find it, but I do remember using it on a previous Tutorial, do you know where I can find it, Thanks again, Regards DM
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:34 am

Dinoman wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Roy_043 wrote:
Hi Roy, another prob, I was doing the Toothbrush holder Tutorial and got as far as making the four Circles, how do I select them to make the equal size, also my Grid is still random sizes sometimes Huge and sometimes small ??, also how can I keep my sketch in the center of my screen, sorry for all the questions, Regards DM