As I mentioned in the answer to chrisb, the icon that I made for App::Placement is based on how this object looks in the 3D view. Of course we can change it if people want. However, as I also pointed out, I don't know where this object is used; it seems that the user may never encounter it.freman wrote: ↑Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:27 pm... However, I find the new icon for position rather unclear. I'm not sure that the coloured lines add any information. How about the three grey lines and the dot, without the extras? That is similar to origin but distinguishable from it.
With icons this small you can not afford to put too much in there. I don't want to have to lean forwards are peer at an icon to see what it is.
A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
I also like it for that, but maybe the classical icon is better to avoid confusing users.
you could have seen it here. There are several icons that can be used for an object that is supposed to look like a coordinate system:
Are you proposing new icons or what?
Just for reference, pull request #2770 was merged.
This means now
* Std_CoordinateSystem.svg is used for the PartDesign_Body Origin. First in your picture.
* Std_Placement.svg is used for App::Placement. Second in your picture.
* The third picture I haven't seen. Is it a variation of the first one? Are you proposing it for something?
* Asm4_AxisCross.svg. Is this in Assembly4 or are you proposing it for Std_CoordinateSystem.svg or PartDesign?
* PartDesign_CoordinateSystem.svg wasn't touched. It stays the same. It corresponds to PartDesign_CoordinateSystem (datum object).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest