Translations.

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
memfis

Translations.

Post by memfis »

https://crowdin.com/project/freecad/activity_stream

Me and other users were involved in translating the program interfacing. But it's been several weeks now, a new appimage has been collected many times and you can't see the results in the program.
Please push the process.
vocx
Veteran

Re: Translations.

Post by vocx »

memfis wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:28 am ...
Please push the process.
What languages?

The Crowdin translations are collected in .ts files. These files with the updated translations need to be merged into the master code in GitHub. https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD

However, this only occurs once or twice per year when the stable release is made. It isn't done automatically; this is done by the project administrators, so unfortunately it means that translations take a while to be reflected in the software. The daily builds or daily AppImage use the same old translation files until they are updated.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
memfis

Post by memfis »

that's what I'm talking about, which is too rare. To be done more often, even once a month.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I've requested yorik's feedback on this. I defer to him on this. I'll add the thread when I find it.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs