[PR] Use high profile names on the home page

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
PrzemoF
Veteran

[PR] Use high profile names on the home page

Post by PrzemoF »

After I saw this [1] I asked tokamak energy to mention us on their web page and I asked if they are OK to mention them on our home page. I think it might be good idea to have a short section on our home page with high profile users of FreeCAD. ESA and NASA use FreeCAD as well - I think those 3 would be enough for the beginning.

That's from the video:
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-03-04 12-06-57.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-03-04 12-06-57.png (439.57 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
[1] https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 80#p362552
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [PR] Use high profile names on the home page

Post by Kunda1 »

Yes! this is a fantastic idea
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

PrzemoF wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 pm After I saw this [1] I asked tokamak energy...
Holy crap. That's a good idea, but I am more interested in the topic of the video "Tokamak Energy raises 67 million British dollars to fund fusion energy".

Can't you just ask them to maybe fund FreeCAD as well? They don't need to invest a lot of money but even a small donation of $50 000 would help a lot.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:36 pm
Can't you just ask them to maybe fund FreeCAD as well? They don't need to invest a lot of money but even a small donation of $50 000 would help a lot.
High donations from institutions and companies require an official/legal organization as responsible receptor with people in charge. FreeCAD is still far of that.
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

bitacovir wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:47 pm ...
High donations from institutions and companies require an official/legal organization as responsible receptor ...
Not necessarily. If they are private companies they can do whatever they want with their resources. Companies are people; so just talking to people is often enough to get things done.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:16 pm
High donations from institutions and companies require an official/legal organization as responsible receptor ...
Not necessarily. If they are private companies they can do whatever they want with their resources. Companies are people; so just talking to people is often enough to get things done.
You are right on that. I have accomplished a lot through talking.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:36 pm
PrzemoF wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 pm After I saw this [1] I asked tokamak energy...
Holy crap. That's a good idea, but I am more interested in the topic of the video "Tokamak Energy raises 67 million British dollars to fund fusion energy".

Not sure FreeCAD is in a good position to receive such a large amount https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Donate
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

PrzemoF wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 pm ESA and NASA use FreeCAD as well
Do we have sources to back up such a statement?

I can remember a similar statement about CERN, but when I checked it did not checkout.
vanuan

Post by vanuan »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:16 pm
You're both right. Even though donation can be done to a natural person, NPOs usually benefit from tax-exempt status while natural person income tax for donations can be rather high. Though it differs from country to country.

To establish NPO, you need: choose a country, 2 people traveling/residential to that country, register NPO in country's business register, open a bank account, hire a contact person for legal support (if it's offshore), file annual/financial reports to tax agency.

For example, here are some links for Estonia eResidency program:

https://estoniancompanyregistration.com ... in-estonia
https://www.mtyabi.ee/en/e-residency-and-banking/
https://e-resident.gov.ee/marketplace/s ... providers/
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

There are several topics on this subject, but things seems to move very slowly in this direction.
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design