cfdOF install

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

barrti
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: cfdOF install

Post by barrti » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:06 pm

I am trying to install the cfdof wb in freecad 18.4 which is the current version. I have windows 7.
Version 18.4 was freshly installed tonight.
The first step involved in installing cfdof is to install plot which appears ok.
The next step is adding the cfdof wb. The process immediately stopped claiming that matplotlib was missing.
I have searched this problem without finding how to fix it.
Can anyone advise please?
I will gladly post anything needed for diagnosis
User avatar
oliveroxtoby
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am
Location: South Africa

Re: cfdOF install

Post by oliveroxtoby » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 pm

barrti wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:06 pm
I am trying to install the cfdof wb in freecad 18.4 which is the current version. I have windows 7.
Version 18.4 was freshly installed tonight.
The first step involved in installing cfdof is to install plot which appears ok.
The next step is adding the cfdof wb. The process immediately stopped claiming that matplotlib was missing.
I have searched this problem without finding how to fix it.
Can anyone advise please?
I will gladly post anything needed for diagnosis
I'm not able to reproduce this. Please follow the checks in the forum message linked below.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
barrti
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: cfdOF install

Post by barrti » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:47 am

Hi Oliver

Thanks for replying. I reinstalled FReecad 18.4 and the missing matplot lib problem disappeared.

I have worked through installing the dependencies and they have all installed except cfmesh.

I have attached a massive file from Report View during the install of cfmesh.

There are a lot of files it could not open as you will see.

For example:
Checking CFD workbench dependencies...
/usr/bin/bash: cartesianMesh: command not found
/usr/bin/bash: hisa: command not found
rm: cannot remove 'cfmesh-cfdof': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'log.Allwmake': No such file or directory
wmakeLnInclude: linking include files to ./lnInclude
could not open file foamTime.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file Time.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file HashSet.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file token.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file UList.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file Istream.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file SubList.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
could not open file UList.H for source file utilities/workflowControls/workflowControls.C
could not open file foamTime.H for source file utilities/workflowControls/workflowControls.C

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks
Attachments
Failed to initialize.docx
(232.34 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
barrti
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: cfdOF install

Post by barrti » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:22 am

Oliver,
I've made some progress as the attached file shows.

Its giving this when I run the solver

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Create polyMesh for time = 0

Reading createPatchDict



--> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR:
wrong token type - expected word, found on line 33 the label 1

file: C:/Users/Tim/AppData/Local/Temp/case/system/createPatchDict.patches.name at line 33.

From function Foam::Istream& Foam::operator>>(Foam::Istream&, Foam::word&)
in file primitives/strings/word/wordIO.C at line 74.

FOAM exiting

See attachment for report etc

Regards
Attachments
CFDOF.docx
(585.8 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
barrti
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: cfdOF install

Post by barrti » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:27 am

Oliver
here is the FCstd file for the previous problem
Attachments
elbow_tim01.FCStd
(26.9 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
User avatar
oliveroxtoby
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am
Location: South Africa

Re: cfdOF install

Post by oliveroxtoby » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:15 pm

barrti wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:27 am
Oliver
here is the FCstd file for the previous problem
The problem is the spaces in the boundary condition labels, which are not allowed ("inlet 1", "inlet 2"). We really need a checker for this.
barrti
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: cfdOF install

Post by barrti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:14 am

Hi OLiver,
Thanks, that fixed it.

Now I can experiment.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Rodp1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 am

Re: cfdOF install

Post by Rodp1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 am

barrti wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:47 am


There are a lot of files it could not open as you will see.

For example:
Checking CFD workbench dependencies...
/usr/bin/bash: cartesianMesh: command not found
/usr/bin/bash: hisa: command not found
rm: cannot remove 'cfmesh-cfdof': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'log.Allwmake': No such file or directory
wmakeLnInclude: linking include files to ./lnInclude
could not open file foamTime.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
...
I'm getting the same sort of errors. Fresh install of FreeCAD and Openfoam.

I'm able to run Openfoam from FreeCAD using GMSH as the mesher.

Just wondering if you solved this issue?

(And thanks for the CFDOF workbench - it's great!)
User avatar
oliveroxtoby
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am
Location: South Africa

Re: cfdOF install

Post by oliveroxtoby » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:59 am

Rodp1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 am
barrti wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:47 am


There are a lot of files it could not open as you will see.

For example:
Checking CFD workbench dependencies...
/usr/bin/bash: cartesianMesh: command not found
/usr/bin/bash: hisa: command not found
rm: cannot remove 'cfmesh-cfdof': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'log.Allwmake': No such file or directory
wmakeLnInclude: linking include files to ./lnInclude
could not open file foamTime.H for source file utilities/dataConversion/foamToFPMA/fpmaMesh.C
...
I'm getting the same sort of errors. Fresh install of FreeCAD and Openfoam.

I'm able to run Openfoam from FreeCAD using GMSH as the mesher.

Just wondering if you solved this issue?

(And thanks for the CFDOF workbench - it's great!)
I'll need more information as detailed in the link below.

If you're wondering about the 'could not open file XXX.h' errors, they are usually nothing to worry about.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
Rodp1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 am

Re: cfdOF install

Post by Rodp1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:47 am

I'll need more information as detailed in the link below.

If you're wondering about the 'could not open file XXX.h' errors, they are usually nothing to worry about.
I've now installed it on two computers - on one machine it works fine, on the other I'm getting issues.

Code: Select all

/*   Windows 32 and 64 bit porting by blueCAPE: http://www.bluecape.com.pt   *\
|  Based on Windows porting (2.0.x v4) by Symscape: http://www.symscape.com   |
\*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
Build  : 5.x-963176928289
Exec   : C:/PROGRA~1/BLUECF~1/ofuser-of5/platforms/mingw_w64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesianMesh.exe
Date   : Jan 20 2020
Time   : 11:44:12
Host   : "ASAW109800"
PID    : 24372
I/O    : uncollated
Case   : C:/Temp/meshCase
nProcs : 1
SigFpe : Enabling floating point exception trapping (FOAM_SIGFPE).
fileModificationChecking : Monitoring run-time modified files using timeStampMaster (fileModificationSkew 10)
allowSystemOperations : Allowing user-supplied system call operations

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //
Create time

Created 11 surface patches
Setting root cube size and refinement parameters
Root box (-7.8 -7.8 -7.8) (17.8 17.8 17.8)
Requested cell size corresponds to octree level 8
Requested boundary cell size corresponds to octree level 8
Refining boundary
Refining boundary boxes to the given size
Finished refining boundary boxes
Refining boxes intersecting surface meshes
Finished refinement of boxes intersecting surface meshes
Performing automatic refinement
Performing automatic refinement
Marking inside/outside.

libgomp: Thread creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Attachments
test3.FCStd
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests