Error installing cfMesh from prefs

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

Re: Error installing cfMesh from prefs

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Greg66 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:00 pm
Please see also following installation log from Output Window:
Running echo $WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR
Raw command: ['C:/Users/xxxx/AppData/Local/FreeCAD 0.18/bin\\python.exe', '-u', 'C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Roaming\\FreeCAD\\Mod\\CfdOF\\WindowsRunWrapper.py', 'C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Roaming\\BLUECF~1\\msys64\\usr\\bin\\bash', '--login', '-O', 'expand_aliases', '-c', 'echo $WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR']
Setting environment for OpenFOAM 5.x mingw-w64 Double Precision (of5-64), using MSMPI71 - please wait...
Environment is now ready. Notes:
- You can change between installed versions by running: ofmenu
- You can change to other predefined versions by running: ofmenuNew
/home/ofuser/blueCFD/ofuser-of5

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdPreferencePage.py", line 350, in run
self.downloadCfMesh()
File "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdPreferencePage.py", line 416, in downloadCfMesh
self.user_dir = CfdTools.reverseTranslatePath(self.user_dir)
File "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdTools.py", line 458, in reverseTranslatePath
return toWindowsPath(p)
File "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\CfdTools.py", line 525, in toWindowsPath
foam_dir = getFoamDir + '\\'
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'function' and 'str'

Is there anybody who has an idea how to resolve that issue?

Tanks in advance!
Apologies - that was a bug. Should be fixed now!
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

alexbhandari wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:17 am Hi Oliver,

Great! Updated and now dependency checker is passing except for HISA. Since building/installing takes some time I figured HISA is not needed to mesh so went ahead to that step. Here is my output. I am following along with the tutorial 1 on http://www.opensim.co.za/training.html
Some things are different in my version UI but most steps are the same. I also tried meshing with different element sizes and different meshers. Please see below for cfmesh error
Could you upload your .fcstd file from which this can be reproduced?
alexbhandari

Post by alexbhandari »

Please see attached
Attachments
elbow.fcstd
(13.74 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Greg66

Post by Greg66 »

Apologies - that was a bug. Should be fixed now!
Yes, it works now.

Thanks for your quick action! That's the advantage of an open source project! :D :D
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

alexbhandari wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:17 am Hi Oliver,

Great! Updated and now dependency checker is passing except for HISA. Since building/installing takes some time I figured HISA is not needed to mesh so went ahead to that step. Here is my output. I am following along with the tutorial 1 on http://www.opensim.co.za/training.html
Some things are different in my version UI but most steps are the same. I also tried meshing with different element sizes and different meshers. Please see below for cfmesh error
The element size you are using (50mm) will generate a tremendously fine mesh. Try starting with 800mm and go from there. If you have too many cells you can end up exceeding the size of the 32 bit label type in OpenFOAM - possibly what's happening here.