Installation of IFC++ (IfcPlusPlus)

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
vocx
Veteran

Installation of IFC++ (IfcPlusPlus)

Post by vocx »

Similar to the IfcOpenShell page and thread, I decided to create a new wiki page for IFC++ (IfcPlusPlus).

An older thread is IFC Viewer ifcplusplus. However, this thread was started in 2013 when IFC++ wasn't as developed as it is today; it seems that at that time Linux support was poor, and you needed to use some tricks to get it to compile on Linux.

Nowadays the official branch ifcquery/ifcplusplus can be compiled without many issues. Still, Bernd keeps his own repository, berndhahnebach/ifcplusplus, with compilation instructions for Debian. This information is not particularly complicated, and the steps are described in the IfcPlusPlus wiki page.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
bernd
Veteran

Re: Installation of IFC++ (IfcPlusPlus)

Post by bernd »

vocx wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 am Similar to the IfcOpenShell page and thread, I decided to create a new wiki page for IFC++ (IfcPlusPlus).
great :)

vocx wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 am An older thread is IFC Viewer ifcplusplus. However, this thread was started in 2013 when IFC++ wasn't as developed as it is today; it seems that at that time Linux support was poor, and you needed to use some tricks to get it to compile on Linux.
To be honest the development of Ifc++ has not changed over the years. Fabian (the maintainter and main dev) only uses windows and does not uses and tests on other os. But if someone makes a PR for compatibility with other os he does merge it. He does kindly help to solve issues with other os too. Thus sometimes Ifc++ does not compiles on Linux until a solution was found by someone. To be able to compile Ifc++ on Linux any time I kept and will keep my repo.

cheers bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

BTW: a simple widget to show the object attributes would be great in IFC++. :oops:
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

bernd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:54 am BTW: a simple widget to show the object attributes would be great in IFC++. :oops:
I haven't used the closed source IFC++ application in Windows, so I'm not entirely sure how this version looks like; but yes, I suppose it would be possible to add more things to the free version.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

bernd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:54 am BTW: a simple widget to show the object attributes would be great in IFC++.
100% agree... It was in the original windows ifcquery app. Maybe some day Fabian accepts to disclose it?