IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
bernd
Veteran

Re: IFC Viewer ifcplusplus

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:Great! Can't wait to see!
Give it a try. https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPlusPlus At the end I only had to make really rare changes. My knowledge of cmake is getting better and better ...

Even the huge 210_King building is loaded, but takes ages on my laptop ...
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Amazing work Bernd! Ifc++ works FAR better now! All the weird geometry errors seem gone... Now we just need to solve those missing beams in the test house exported by freecad...

Finally a good, decent ifc viewer for linux! I'm quite happy that the import speed is comparable to the new ifc importer in freecad...

Ah, I had to add -lQtGui and -lQtCore manually to the last "make" command... Not sure how and if that needs to be added to the cmake stuff...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:Amazing work Bernd! Ifc++ works FAR better now! All the weird geometry errors seem gone... Now we just need to solve those missing beams in the test house exported by freecad...
Thanks to Fabian and Sylvyain, they did most of the work. By the way im quite happy with the situation. Fabian has no interest on linux, but he attracts errors really fast. As we are up to date now it means if we find problems we just need to confirm them on windows and it will be likely Fabian is gone fix them at once.
yorik wrote:Ah, I had to add -lQtGui and -lQtCore manually to the last "make" command... Not sure how and if that needs to be added to the cmake stuff...
I 'm gone push it to the README-file.

Ahh, the three icons (left, up) are still missing. Do you have an idea where to look for them?!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Yes I saw that too, and coudn't find what's wrong yet... They use a Qt Resource, so they are embedded into the executalbe (same as we do with freecad), but it looks apparently ok. I see there is also a stylesheet file, I'll try to tweak...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Find a new version of Ifc++ for Linux at https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPl ... ADME.Linux

Since my IfcPlusPlus-Repo is a real fork of Sylvain Maries Repo the linuxbuild now has its own branch linuxbuild. Thanks to Sylvain Marie for managing CMakelists and Fabian Gerold for a lot of bug fixes. The horizontal extrusions of FreeCAD export are not yet fixed. I'm still in kontact with FG reagarding this issue.

The 3 icons are still missing. May be because FG and SM are using QT5 and I did not change all what is required.to get them displayed.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Thanks! Will try this.
I also had a look at what can be wrong with the icons, but couldn't find yet... All seems normal...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:... Will try this. ...
Cool.

I may give Qt5 a try, but to be honest I really don't know how to install Qt5 librarys and includes on Debian Wheezy (Yes I'm still on wheezy)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

OK, I'm on Jessie too :D Will see if I get problems compiling FreeCAD. Afterwards I'm gone make an Ifc++ just for Jessie and Qt5. It will need only a few changes compared to Ifc++ of Sylvain Marie, hopefully

Bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Find a version here at branch linuxbuild-qt5 https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPl ... xbuild-qt5 See file README.Linux for information what I did. I really had to make only a few changes :D. BUT I get a sebmentation fault at start up and no further information :(. Does someone know what could be the problem.

EDIT: Stupid, stuuupid. I made a dist-upgrade :oops: :shock:. May be it would be a good idea to compile carve on jessie before using it with IfcPlusPlus. But carve has some problems during compilling. I'll see what I can do ...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

IfcPlusPlus internal Carve library is used again. Compilation runs flawless but I still get a segmantation fault at startup of the viewer without furthter infomation. :cry: May be someone could try and confirm the problem.

Find a version here at branch linuxbuild-qt5 https://github.com/berndhahnebach/IFCPl ... xbuild-qt5
See file README.Linux for information what I did.