Problem with FreeCAD v0.18. When I click the "New Document" button, the screen goes blac

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Pedro_Bs_As

Problem with FreeCAD v0.18. When I click the "New Document" button, the screen goes blac

Post by Pedro_Bs_As »

Hi everyone!
I am new to FeeCAD.
I installed v0.18 on Windows 10, 64 bit (on ALTEC Lansing, SRS -ASUS- Laptop). The program begins by displaying the first screen without problems. When I click on the "New Document" button, the screen goes black (only the top line remains), without showing the work area or the buttons. I think that FreeCAD continues to work, the mouse moves across the screen and allows me to close it without problems (by clicking on the button top right side).
I uninstalled FreeCAD and reinstalled it but the result is the same.
What I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Problem with FreeCAD v0.18. When I click the "New Document" button, the screen goes blac

Post by Kunda1 »

Pedro_Bs_As wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm When I click on the "New Document" button, the screen goes black (only the top line remains), without showing the work area or the buttons. I think that
Welcome to the forum. This is most likely a graphics card issue. See Known Issues thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30573
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Pedro_Bs_As

Re: Problem with FreeCAD v0.18. When I click the "New Document" button, the screen goes blac

Post by Pedro_Bs_As »

Dear forum friends, I was able to resolve my question at this link: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 19#p355319.
Thank you very much Kunda1.