No new precompiled versions?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

No new precompiled versions?

Post by chrisb »

We are stuck now for almost two weeks with 0.19.23578, except one of the windows versions. Is there something wrong with the build process? I would like to test Abdullah's new sketcher stuff.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: No new precompiled versions?

Post by chrisb »

Looo, do You know what is going on?
looo wrote: pinged by pinger macro
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 pm Looo, do You know what is going on?
looo wrote: pinged by pinger macro
I guess we forgot to increase the build number last sunday. New builds should be available tomorrow. Conda is already at 23721. I am a little bit in turbulence, but I think I will be back soon ;) .
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks! And of course take the time you need for yourself. A short hint here keeps us calm.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Sorry, I see now some upload issues:

Code: Select all

Cataloging assets for release 0.19_pre on GitHub FreeCAD/FreeCAD that match filter .AppImage
Failed to fetch available releases for repo FreeCAD/FreeCAD
{"message":"Bad credentials","documentation_url":"https://docs.github.com/rest"}
{"message":"Bad credentials","documentation_url":"https://docs.github.com/rest"}
Determining asset upload url for release: 0.19_pre
Deploying release asset /home/travis/build/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-AppImage/conda/linux/FreeCAD_0.19-23721-Linux-Conda_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage to ...
curl: (3) <url> malformed
/home/travis/.travis/functions: line 416: [: too many arguments
Determining asset upload url for release: 0.19_pre
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Were there any github changes recently?
sgrogan wrote: ping ping ping :D
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

chrisb wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:52 pm Thanks! And of course take the time you need for yourself. A short hint here keeps us calm.
looo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:32 am Were there any github changes recently?
I saw this as well I have thus far been unable to find the problem/solution, but I am looking.
Also the OSX packaging is failing for another dependency related reason.

Also see here:https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p462394
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

sgrogan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:20 pm I saw this as well I have thus far been unable to find the problem/solution, but I am looking.
For now I can build the app image locally. But I am not sure if I am able to upload the resulting files.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Is it complicated to post a torrent file to Github and edit the Readme with the releases to point there? Or contact the people who create the Fosstorrents torrents?
Last edited by kisolre on Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:31 pm For now I can build the app image locally. But I am not sure if I am able to upload the resulting files.
Thanks, I will do the same for win. I set up a linux box with miniconda to attempt the same. I was going to try and modify triplus' Travis script. How do you make the AppImage locally.

If you don't have permissions to upload to the releases page just create a release on one of your git repos and post it there and I will download/upload to the releases page.
You should be added to the maintainers group if you can't upload to the releases page.
yorik wrote: pinged by pinger macro
If Travis goes the way it looks we probably are going to need an OSX user to do the same for the .dmg

BTW: Why did you temporarily disable external SMESH on conda?
"fight the good fight"