Leaving the freecad-project

This subforum is specifically to discuss packaging issues on different platforms (windows, mac, linux), and using different packaging systems (conda, etc...)
RatonLaveur

Re: Leaving the freecad-project

Post by RatonLaveur »

We owe you.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@looo very good! Glad it wasn't a 'rage-quit' but more or a re-assessing and repositioning of priorities. Glad to hear from you and the possibility that we will hear from your in the future, but in a different capacity. Especially, around airfoil stuff... that work is very interesting and exciting. I hope you get there sooner than later!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

Your expertise will be missed, hopefully things will go ok and we will still see you around sometimes...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

looo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm @triplus
So you want me to stay until 0.19 release?
That would be a good start yes, although nobody really knows when that will happen, hence until then just take some time off. You invested way too much effort in this, stay around and see it flourish. In addition if you feel "new import style modules" should happen, then you have my full support and lets achieve that in the next development cycle. If that represents too much work and no fun for you ATM, better to not attempt this for now.
@all You make it very hard for me to leave this project.
Sorry for doing that.
So I don't make this a hard stop. I will try to reduce the time spent on packaging to a minimum and hope others will try to continue the work.
Good strategy and i guess best to just learn to say NO. I have seen you have tried to satisfy all the people needs, did try really hard to make sure all the latest and greatest libraries are available on Conda channels. Just reduce that for now, if something is not essential, don't worry about it too much. It will still work good enough. Pace it in a way it works for you and leaves you enough free time, to do other more fun things too.

P.S. In general i am starting to feel we are stressing (the "upstreams" in all areas) a bit too much already. And we all will likely need to take a step back again, to have more fun, less work, when it comes to our FreeCAD, and to find more (free) time for other things too.