Feature Request: Refferencing values with a click in a cell

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jruiz

Feature Request: Refferencing values with a click in a cell

Post by jruiz »

Good morning.
Suppose we are editing a a cell in a spreadsheet. Couldn't it be possible to implement a function in the spreadsheet for, after clicking a button, select a value in any other place of the project for referencing it in the cell, including the dimensions appearing in the sketches, particularly the ones arising after toggling toolbar to reference mode?
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel
RatonLaveur

Re: Feature Request: Refferencing values with a click in a cell

Post by RatonLaveur »

We don't have your version but generally you should be able to reference a constraint if it's named.

In part design
Create a body (Body002)
Create a sketch (Sketch013) with constraints.
Create your reference constraint
In the constraints list to the left, find your referenced constraint and rename it with your preferred name for it (my_constraint).

Then in your spreadsheet cell
Write =Body002.Sketch013.constraints.my_constraint

Freecad often helps you by auto completing after the first letters of each argument between -dots-

This behavior works in many different places where values are required in freecad.

Good luck.

Note: upon second reading, i realize i offer only a work around, your request does seem to hold water, simplification of cross-referencing.
jruiz

Re: Feature Request: Refferencing values with a click in a cell

Post by jruiz »

Thanks a lot for your answer. In fact I have referenced values the way you describe. Just was thinking on an automatic version of referencing values.
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel