novel coronavirus, COVID-19

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: novel coronavirus, COVID-19

Post by openBrain »

CVS67 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:18 pm C'est pas un forum Français ici ?
Non...
CVS67

Post by CVS67 »

Alors y'a un souci
capture.JPG
capture.JPG (80.01 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
E scheener gruss vun Auenem
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

CVS67 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:42 pm Alors y'a un souci
Non. The announcements appear on top of all sub-forums.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

jmaustpc wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 am After years of drought followed by the largest/longest/most intense bushfire season in our history, ended in some regions by a flood and then this pandemic ... it just feels relentless.
I have always enjoyed your general posts and this is no exception.

I do think you, as well as most Australians do deserve my sympathy. While drought was not on the worldwide news, bushfires were indeed on the news... for weeks. In fact I thought of you hoping it was ok with your farm. Floods were also reported and it is not that we often get Aussie-news. It could have been worse, it always can be (my sympathy to those who suffered worse too), but it was certainly worse than the average for most of the developed world. As the french say, "courage!".

For those who think that this has no place in our forum, I beg to differ. Moreover, if COVID is common to all of us... doesn't it qualify as a commonity topic? ;)
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:59 pm Currently this discussion is mainly driven by forum members who have proven multiply that they are more addicted to FreeCAD and 3D modeling than to discussing political things only. I appreciate it, if the discussion has a quantitative basis. When it comes to formulae it is like being parametric.
I'll note that although I've been away for a bit I'm still addicted to FreeCAD, and I'm back because I am now in quarantine for at least a week. Less than a few hours ago I learned through precautionary testing that I do have the coronavirus, so what's one of the first things I do? Of course I hop back onto the FreeCAD forum! :lol: :lol:

At the time of my test I had no fever nor did I have any symptoms or notion that I was infected. I'm about 60 years old and in great health (except for this infection). We'll see how things go in the next week or so.

I'm more worried for any loved ones and other people to whom I may have unexpectedly transmitted the virus while being out and infected...
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

bejant wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm I'll note that although I've been away for a bit I'm still addicted to FreeCAD, and I'm back because I am now in quarantine for at least a week. Less than a few hours ago I learned through precautionary testing that I do have the coronavirus, so what's one of the first things I do? Of course I hop back onto the FreeCAD forum! :lol: :lol:
Thanks for sharing. Please keep updated on how you're doing. Wishing you well!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bejant wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm Less than a few hours ago I learned through precautionary testing that I do have the coronavirus, so what's one of the first things I do?
All the best to you. Is there anything we can model for you?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

bejant wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm[..]
At the time of my test I had no fever nor did I have any symptoms or notion that I was infected. I'm about 60 years old and in great health (except for this infection). We'll see how things go in the next week or so.

I'm more worried for any loved ones and other people to whom I may have unexpectedly transmitted the virus while being out and infected...
I hope you'll come out unscratched as well as your family. Do you know when you'll be tested again to check if you're OK?
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Thank you all for the get well wishes!

Kunda1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:11 pm Thanks for sharing. Please keep updated on how you're doing. Wishing you well!
I'll post updates as long as I can get to a computer.

It's been about 24 hours since I first learned that I have the virus, but I don't know long I'd been a carrier before being tested. The only symptom I can feel is a tiny bit of congestion in my upper chest and throat - less annoying than a common cold. At the time of testing I didn't have a fever and at 98.3 *F my temperature was actually a few tenths of a degree F lower that the normal 98.6 *F. However, I have heard that 98.6 *F isn't normal or everyone. My blood oxygen concentration was 95%, so that was good too.

chrisb wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:03 am All the best to you. Is there anything we can model for you?
My first thought would be to model the coronavirus itself (bonus points for doing it actual size) but it looks to be quite a challenge to model (pic is here, large file size so i didn't include it directly in my reply):
https://www.sciencealert.com/images/202 ... ea6c_k.jpg
and I suppose that would be another topic.

PrzemoF wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm I hope you'll come out unscratched as well as your family. Do you know when you'll be tested again to check if you're OK?
I don't think that I'll be tested again for at least a week or longer, depending on how long it takes for my symptoms to disappear. That's just my own guess; I haven't heard a timetable from any medical professional yet.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bejant wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:40 pm My first thought would be to model the coronavirus itself (bonus points for doing it actual size) but it looks to be quite a challenge to model (pic is here, large file size so i didn't include it directly in my reply):
https://www.sciencealert.com/images/202 ... ea6c_k.jpg
and I suppose that would be another topic.
Looks more like a blender job. You can include foreign images using the image tag:

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.sciencealert.com/images/2020-02/49531042877_4aaa42ea6c_k.jpg[/img]
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.