novel coronavirus, COVID-19

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bejant
Veteran

Re: novel coronavirus, COVID-19

Post by bejant »

Yes, I know but the image took a long time to load for me so I didn't want to put it in the img brackets, making everyone reading have to load it...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Didn't think about that, but It's a good reason. Glad I didn't do it, which I was thinking about.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

A little over 48 hours since I've tested positive. No fever (my temperature is still low) and just the tiniest bit of congestion in my chest. If a test hadn't determined that I'm positive for the virus, I wouldn't know I have it.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

bejant wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm A little over 48 hours since I've tested positive. No fever (my temperature is still low) and just the tiniest bit of congestion in my chest. If a test hadn't determined that I'm positive for the virus, I wouldn't know I have it.
This soap is more intense than the Little House on the Prairie. Can't wait the next episode. :lol: :twisted:
Seriously, wishing you well. Hope you'll recover very soon. ;)
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

openBrain wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 pm This soap is more intense than the Little House on the Prairie. Can't wait the next episode. :lol: :twisted:
Being in quarantine is like living the movie Groundhog Day, except with boring days.

openBrain wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 pm Seriously, wishing you well. Hope you'll recover very soon. ;)
Thanks, the thing is that because I don't know when I first contacted the virus I don't know if I should be expecting my symptoms to be getting better or worse. I can only wait and see what happens...
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

bonne chance bejant

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Thank you; I guess that I was tested as I was getting past the virus so I expect to be out of isolation in a few more days. From what I understand, the end of my isolation is time based upon no longer having symptoms, and so I don't think that I will be tested again.

Je vous remercie; Je suppose que j'ai été testé alors que je dépassais le virus, je m'attends donc à ne plus être isolé dans quelques jours. D'après ce que je comprends, la fin de mon isolement est le temps basé sur le fait de ne plus avoir de symptômes, et donc je ne pense pas que je vais être testé à nouveau.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

excellente nouvelle c'est très bien pour vous et votre famille
bejant wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:40 pm My first thought would be to model the coronavirus itself (bonus points for doing it actual size) but it looks to be quite a challenge to model (pic is here, large file size so i didn't include it directly in my reply):
la plus petite image réalisée (en points pas en volume) avec FreeCAD: 6,5 nano mètres

Toutefois le SARS-CoV-2, responsable de la Covid-19 a été annoncé plus récemment comme mesurant approximativement de 60 à 140 nm, et comme étant de forme elliptique avec de nombreuses variations17. (Wikipedia)

60 à 140 nm : entre 10 et 23 fois la largeur l'image représentant notre ami Yorik (Macro_Texture)

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

mario52 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 pm excellente nouvelle c'est très bien pour vous et votre famille
great news it's great for you and your family
J'ai appris que le test d'écouvillonnage nasal que je faisais ne peut que tester la présence de matériel génétique du virus. Donc, si je surmonte la maladie mais que j'expulse toujours des virus morts par l'expiration, cela donne un test positif. Le test d'écouvillonnage nasal ne peut pas déterminer où j'en suis au cours de la maladie - si je viens de contracter le virus, si je suis au milieu de la maladie ou si je suis à la fin de la maladie. Pour cela, ils examinent d'autres symptômes (toux, congestion, fièvre, faible taux d'oxygène dans le sang, etc.).

Je n'ai eu aucun symptôme depuis quelques jours, donc je devrais être libéré lundi. Après cela, je suis triste de dire que je serai encore loin du forum. Beaucoup de bruit pour rien, comme dit le proverbe. :lol:

I learned that the nasal swab test I had can only test for the presence of genetic material of the virus. So, if I'm over the illness but still expelling dead viruses through exhaling, that results in a positive test. The nasal swab test can't determine where I am in the course of the illness - whether I just got the virus, whether I'm in the middle of the illness, or whether I'm at the end of the illness. For that they look at other symptoms (cough, congestion, fever, low oxygen levels in the blood, etc).

I haven't had any symptoms for a few days, so I should be released Monday. After that, I'm sad to say that I'll be away from the forum for a while more. Much ado about nothing, as the saying goes.
:lol:

mario52 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 pm la plus petite image réalisée (en points pas en volume) avec FreeCAD: 6,5 nano mètres
the smallest image produced (in points not in volume) with FreeCAD: 6.5 nanometers
Oui, je me souviens de quand vous l'avez présenté pour la première fois!
Yes, I remember from when you first introduced it!

mario52 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:28 pm Toutefois le SARS-CoV-2, responsable de la Covid-19 a été annoncé plus récemment comme mesurant approximativement de 60 à 140 nm, et comme étant de forme elliptique avec de nombreuses variations17. (Wikipedia)

60 à 140 nm : entre 10 et 23 fois la largeur l'image représentant notre ami Yorik

However, the SARS-CoV-2, responsible for Covid-19, has been announced more recently as measuring approximately 60 to 140 nm, and as being elliptical in shape with many variations17. (Wikipedia)

60 to 140 nm: between 10 and 23 times the width of the image representing our friend Yorik
Imaginez environ 230 images à l'intérieur du virus!
Imagine about 230 images inside the virus!
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
bejant wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:02 pm je n'ai eu aucun symptôme depuis quelques jours, donc je devrais être libéré lundi. Après cela, je suis triste de dire que je serai encore loin du forum. Beaucoup de bruit pour rien, comme dit le proverbe.
bonne nouvelle

good news

mario