Little Contribution of Basic Models

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MrCAD

Little Contribution of Basic Models

Post by MrCAD »

Hello FreeCAD members,

I have a few models for New Users to practice these basic models to be familiar with FreeCAD and would like to contribute for the same, if fellow forum members find this helpful. This model can be added or modified by the experts who are the main contributors of Wiki. It contains 10-11 basic models as below image.

Let me know your thoughts on it. ;) (All models have been done with FC Version 0.19)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kp42fp7gjdje ... U65ga?dl=0
Basic Models.PNG
Basic Models.PNG (125.18 KiB) Viewed 750 times
vocx
Veteran

Re: Little Contribution of Basic Models

Post by vocx »

MrCAD wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 am I have a few models for New Users to practice these basic models ...
What about this: write a new tutorial describing the creation of one of these parts, and place it in the wiki. Then link to this thread.

Your files may also be uploaded to a more central location, like a GitHub repository, because Dropbox links often expire.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
MrCAD

Post by MrCAD »

What about this: write a new tutorial describing the creation of one of these parts, and place it in the wiki. Then link to this thread
Sure. If video tutorial seems fine, then it could be easy for me. Otherwise what are your recommendation to make elaborative tutorials for the Wiki or Github?

As I may not create pages like professional content writer for the Wiki or Github.

I will follow the suggestions / recommendation.
vanuan

Post by vanuan »

Yeah, I often find a short video to be superior to any text tutorial.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

MrCAD wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:03 pm Sure. If video tutorial seems fine, then it could be easy for me. Otherwise what are your recommendation to make elaborative tutorials for the Wiki or Github?
I think there are tons of video tutorials already, so if you can make one that is as good as those, then go ahead, I'm not against it. However, I really think that written tutorials are better for beginners, because the user is forced to follow the described steps, and can advance at his or her own pace.

When it comes to learning everybody has a different strategy; some people learn by watching, while others cannot stand that (things move too fast), so it's hard to find a balance.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The balance seems to be to have both kinds of tutorials.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.