Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Post by Kunda1 »

abdullah wrote: pinged by pinger macro
@abdullah are there any blockers beside the ones mentioned in the OP that you can think of that would block 0.19 ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
abdullah
Veteran

Re: Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Post by abdullah »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 am
@abdullah are there any blockers beside the ones mentioned in the OP that you can think of that would block 0.19 ?
I do not think so. I work with the roadmap system of the bugtracker.

I think we need to have a tentative release date (because we overshoot the one we had for 2019-12-31, I am sure for good reasons, and never updated it with a new one). This should allow to have a better idea of when the 0.20 development cycle should start. This I think is important because generally we tend to introduce "new things that may not be as stable as we think they are" or that "because of the size of the merge may require more bug fixing than usual" at the beginning of a new development cycle. But for that, we need to have an idea when the development cycle might start.

As for Sketcher tickets, most of the remaining issues are features that can be moved to 0.20 at any time. I can "triage" the bug tracker and push tickets to 0.20. At the end, it does not matter if we implement tickets of 0.20 in 0.19 and this should enable us to easily filter and identify what is really important and should be tackled better sooner than later.

In fact, I am going to do this now for Sketcher... ;)
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 am
Ok. Let's switch on the machinery.

The sketcher and GCS roadmaps are now empty for 0.19:
https://tracker.freecadweb.org/roadmap_page.php

If there is something that is really stopping release for Sketcher and GCS, reply to this post so that we set that ticket back to 0.19.

I have updated the release date of 0.19 to 31 December 2020. So we have now a tentative release date.

I suggest we bump to 0.20 the tickets of other WBs that are not going to be handled in 0.19.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pm Release Blocking Bugs
  • issue #4453: Error triggered when trying to clear the property by the property editor and Link dialog
I submitted a PR for this one: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4036
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

• issue #4416: "Cannot normalize null vector" in Draft2Sketch
I suspect that this one was fixed in PR 3954 by marioalexis84, but I can't get Draft to run on my current machine, so I am unable to test.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I retested 4416: it is solved and I closed the ticket.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Associated issue #4416 with the appropriate commit within the tracker ticket. Thanks to all for working on this!
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

• issue #4247: GeometryCurvePy::intersect / GeometryCurvePy::intersectCC Segmentation Fault with OCC 7.4
Just tested this using OCCT 7.5.0 and it doesn't segfault, so this may have already been fixed upstream. The output I get is:

Code: Select all

>>> e1.Curve.intersectCC(e2.Curve)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
RuntimeError: NCollection_Sequence::Value
This seems like reasonable behavior.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

• issue #4456: Regression : Part.Plane.Intersect do not accept plane as argument
This is marked fixed in Mantis, and I retested today and it seems to be working properly.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chennes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:28 pm This is marked fixed in Mantis, and I retested today and it seems to be working properly.
Thanks! I've crossed it off in the OP. :D