New UI for the Arch Survey tool

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

New UI for the Arch Survey tool

Post by yorik »

I recoded a bit the Arch Survey tool, it now records the total lengths and areas being measured, and you can export the whole thing to a CSV file when done.

bernd
Veteran

Re: New UI for the Arch Survey tool

Post by bernd »

Cool, works great here! Any improvement in this regard is highly appretiated :) .

- Why did you not include the volume? For the concrete guys like me the volume is most important.
- Clicking in empty space does reset the sum. I do not know about others, but I do click in empty space quite a lot by accident. For me a button to reset would be much more robust.

cheers bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

- on click on button clear only the screen is cleared, but not the takt panel.
- if no description is set I would vote for object label and subshape name or use a number and place the nomber before the value on screen.

bernd
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Yorik, you know what would be cool, If the color of the subshape which hat been counted would change somehow, temporary. It would be much more easier to know if a sub shape has been counted allready. In such a case the numbers directly in the widget could be switched off. Attached a screen which shows all lateral stopend panels off the slab form work for concrete slab.

Furthermore it would be cool to deactivate a shape. See in screen too. One click was wrong and one huge horizontal form work was counted. I needed to do all again.
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (193.11 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

sorry for posting so much, I just made heavy usage of the new tool at work on an imported IFC :D

bernd
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I would ask if it is possible to make the Arch Survey tool a FreeCAD survey tool. So it works well from other workbenches too...
Before i used it quite often with part design but since the update it works quite annoying. I remember it gave a message that i don't work with part design but it does a bit but couldn't be closed anymore...
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

@bernd good ideas! Indeed one should be able to select/deselect stuff. Not sure if it is practical to paint paces/edges with the current system, but I'll think about it. And yeah you're right about clicking the background by accident. It was okay before, but now it becomes annoying because you loose all your sum :)

@Jee-Bee there is no such message in the survey code, I don't know where it comes from. AFAIK the survey tool should work eith any part-based object, being arch or partdesign or anything else. If you can isolate a specific issue, can you give a step-by-step procedure to reproduce it?