Shapebinder fusion: remove it?

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
RatonLaveur

Re: Shapebinder fusion: remove it?

Post by RatonLaveur »

I second that Freecad is a better place with DeepSOIC's contributions. More visibility to PoM could do some good. PoM activates and automates a few things that seem tedious to people coming from other CAD softwares, that is great to get the ball rolling and put Freecad as a larger dot on the map.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

RatonLaveur wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:03 pm I second that Freecad is a better place with DeepSOIC's contributions
I totally third that, with regard to PoM. The plan was to prototype it in python, then implement it in FreeCAD. I failed the first step of bringing to FreeCAD (see ActiveContainer), then some word censored happened in life which delayed refinements. Then, realthunder's Link appeared in the works, and the effort was totally put on hold till the future of Link was decided. Now is the perfect time to revive it, but I don't really want to spend time on it just yet.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

DeepSOIC wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm but I don't really want to spend time on it just yet
Another GSOC proposal?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

DeepSOIC wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm
RatonLaveur wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:03 pm I second that Freecad is a better place with DeepSOIC's contributions
I totally third that, with regard to PoM. The plan was to prototype it in python, then implement it in FreeCAD. I failed the first step of bringing to FreeCAD (see ActiveContainer), then some word sensored happened in life which delayed refinements. Then, realthunder's Link appeared in the works, and the effort was totally put on hold till the future of Link was decided. Now is the perfect time to revive it, but I don't really want to spend time on it just yet.
Thank you for sharing. We do not expect anything from you. Life comes first.
chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:31 am
DeepSOIC wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm but I don't really want to spend time on it just yet
Another GSOC proposal?
That's an idea if I ever saw one :)