split IFC preferences to 2 tabs

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

split IFC preferences to 2 tabs

Post by uwestoehr »

I tested how I can work with FC on a 13'' laptop and noted that the preferences are too large.

There are 3 oversized preferences dialogs (2 are from TechDraw, which I will split) and the IFC settings:
FreeCAD_AaZqUN1jy1.png
FreeCAD_AaZqUN1jy1.png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 702 times

Is it therefore OK to split this dialog into 2 tabs, one named "IFC Import" for the general and import settings, one named "IFC Export" for the export settings?
vocx
Veteran

Re: split IFC preferences to 2 tabs

Post by vocx »

uwestoehr wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 pm Is it therefore OK to split this dialog into 2 tabs, one named "IFC Import" for the general and import settings, one named "IFC Export" for the export settings?
I am not against it. However, can you check if it's possible to have the two sections in the same page, each section in its own collapsible widget?

I think there are Qt widgets that serve as containers, and that you can collapse and expand as needed. I just think that would be neater, in order to have exactly one page for each file type.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

vocx wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:31 pm I think there are Qt widgets that serve as containers, and that you can collapse and expand as needed. I just think that would be neater, in order to have exactly one page for each file type.
Good idea. I will have a look. If anybody has an idea what widget, please tell me.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Maybe a QToolBox or a QTabWidget
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I have no problem splitting it in two... That's what we always do in FreeCAD when a page become too big
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

yorik wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:13 pm I have no problem splitting it in two... That's what we always do in FreeCAD when a page become too big
Fine, so I will do this around Easter when I will hopefully some time.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 pm Fine, so I will do this around Easter when I will hopefully some time.
Here is the PR: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3343