Floors that move in sync

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: Floors that move in sync

Post by paullee »

Probably several ways to do it.
E.g.

Input in the z-position of the Lev01 Sketch:
- Sketch.Placement.Base.z + BuildingPart004.Height
so the level of Lev 01 sketch will move depends on Lev00 Sketch's z-position + Floor's Height below

So change the Lev00 Floor Height, the Lev01 move to suit.
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-38-17.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-38-17.png (210.57 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-38-49.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-26 21-38-49.png (190.85 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Attachments
file base Freecad_ r.FCStd
(117.54 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
sww1235

Post by sww1235 »

Renato wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:34 am
yorik wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:22 pm You could also use expressions for that. Ex: The Z coord of floor 2 = Z coord of floor 1 + height of floor 1
But where you have to write the coordinates of the plan. In placement it allows you to write only numbers!
What is the "level offset"? I put number but nothing apparently happens to me.
See https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=36094 for more explanation of what LevelOffset does. I had the same question you did Renato, and I think it is confusingly named at this point. It seems to adjust the z height of the floor label, but not sure what else it does.
Renato

Post by Renato »

thanks, I have seen, in this the objects of the various planes can move together. :)
But:1) however it remains a strange thing. The floor level (ELEV 1 etc.) remains unchanged. So even if the sketch adapts to the height and the objects as well, the measure set remains on the mask of the Floor dimension (only can be entered with a number). So what can be done?
2) how do you link the original sketch to the objects so that they cannot move separately? (in fact if I numerically change the height of the Floor, the sketch moves the objects but the sketch remains still)
3) on version 0.18 does not appear the formula put in the Formula editor, while it appears on version 0.19?
4) where can I find the instructions of what I can write in the formula editor? (Otherwise, most people are excluded from this possibility)

Then I agree that the way level offset is written doesn't seem adequate
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Renato wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 am thanks, I have seen, in this the objects of the various planes can move together. :)
But:1) however it remains a strange thing. The floor level (ELEV 1 etc.) remains unchanged. So even if the sketch adapts to the height and the objects as well, the measure set remains on the mask of the Floor dimension (only can be entered with a number). So what can be done?
2) how do you link the original sketch to the objects so that they cannot move separately? (in fact if I numerically change the height of the Floor, the sketch moves the objects but the sketch remains still)
3) on version 0.18 does not appear the formula put in the Formula editor, while it appears on version 0.19?
4) where can I find the instructions of what I can write in the formula editor? (Otherwise, most people are excluded from this possibility)

Then I agree that the way level offset is written doesn't seem adequate
I am afraid I do not understand you. Maybe you describe one problem by one problem.

The formula editor probably was added in 0.19_pre, so just use 0.19_pre :)
Renato

Post by Renato »

1) there is no correspondence between the objects and the pianon level (see image)
2) How do you link the sketch and the structure it generated? (see image where the sketch remained at different altitude)
Renato

Post by Renato »

images
Attachments
elev and placement.jpg
elev and placement.jpg (449.38 KiB) Viewed 774 times
elev and placement 2.JPG
elev and placement 2.JPG (426.22 KiB) Viewed 774 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

I still have difficulty to understand the problem you describe... you mean when you move ArchFloor/BuildingPart the Sketch does not move?

I do not use this feature in fact, but I guess ArchFloor will only move ArchObjects only (those w/ their MoveWithHost set to True).

Maybe you can experiment, or someone else can explain ?
Renato

Post by Renato »

I mean precisely the Floor of Arch which contains objects (walls and structures).
I "placed" my structures on the Arch floors. So I don't want these structures to be placed at different heights from this floor (as happens if I do as you indicated to make the plans move together).
It would take the opportunity to put a formula in the plane positioning, but it is not possible (only numbers, see image 0).

So the goal is to always have the objects linked to the Floor (the grid of the various floors must be seen at the base of the objects).
Then plans are made based on a sketch or wire. The sketches move freely and therefore all the objects of that plane follow the sketch (you can also identify a main sketch, the red one in my example referred to the typical plane, to which to apply the measures.
The sketches of the other planes, if in case , we can also tie them to that.
In any case we have compositional freedom and we can shape the structure instantly).

The next step, if needed, is the possibility of moving the heights of the floors in sync, without the objects moving from their Floor (but it may also not serve and move each floor one at a time and that can be easily done having constrained the objects on the Floor).
The last step is to make the windows placed on the walls follow them in all their movements (I have seen examples on video) and if you wanted to show me better the way would be interesting.At that point everything is coordinated.
If a file that records all the features (setting quotas, etc.) was developed, draft architectural projects could be made quickly
Attachments
parametric with originator 11.JPG
parametric with originator 11.JPG (139.28 KiB) Viewed 725 times
originator and Arch Floor 0.JPG
originator and Arch Floor 0.JPG (331.15 KiB) Viewed 725 times
originator and Arch Floor 3.JPG
originator and Arch Floor 3.JPG (354.87 KiB) Viewed 725 times
originator and Arch Floor 1.JPG
originator and Arch Floor 1.JPG (321.46 KiB) Viewed 725 times
originator and Arch Floor 2.JPG
originator and Arch Floor 2.JPG (327.43 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Renato

Post by Renato »

the Z in the plan also has a formula (I haven't seen it before). So I have the whole plan in coordination (see the Freecad file).
Now we have to make the windows that move with the walls (as I said above) and the sketch with the floor (in the file the sketch remains in its position, while the objects move and I don't like this)
Attachments
file base Freecad_ r2.FCStd
(114.61 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Renato

Post by Renato »

the Z in the plan also has a formula (I haven't seen it before). So I have the whole plan in coordination (see the Freecad file).
Now we have to make the windows that move with the walls (as I said above) and the sketch with the floor (in the file the sketch remains in its position, while the objects move and I don't like this)
Attachments
file base Freecad_ r2.FCStd
(114.61 KiB) Downloaded 13 times