[solved] Value increase error: editing 3D Surface changes values all by itself

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freman
Veteran

Re: Value increase error: editing 3D Surface changes values all by itself

Post by freman »

The PR I submitted was for BoundaryDressUp to allow negative values but it affected boundary code itself. It was not the cause of the bug but may be a clue if it is a new trigger. I suggested that, since there is a new flux of these reports and they mainly seem to refer to boundary in some way.

since 3D must use boundary, so that is not excluded.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:38 pm Do you have changes there too?
That was not clear. I didn't mean if you made changes to the code, I rather meant if you also see values change all by themselves in 3D surface dialog.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

Thanks. As I wrote above I can not even reproduce this bug. Unlike you and others on Gnome/Ubuntu, I always get correct locale information from FreeCAD.

Correct locale detection may be pertinent to the bug. It would be useful to look at whether others reporting issues are getting correct locale. Using an AppImage maybe affect this.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi freman
freman wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:33 am Thanks. As I wrote above I can not even reproduce this bug. Unlike you and others on Gnome/Ubuntu,
thats not to search at Gnome/Ubuntu, because i'm at OpenSuse/KDE...
Gruß Herbert
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

Then maybe it would be useful to see what OpenSuse/KDE does when changing locale, as Chris did here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p381501

As I said, I've seem reports that Gnome messes with locale settings which are done from command line and not via their GUI tool. It would be useful to know if KDE is better behaved. Since qt and KDE are from the same stable I would not expect conflicts here and any qt objects locale sniffing will probably accurate.

It would be generally useful, as well as for this bug, to know to what extent FC Help info is correctly reporting.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

With the update FC AppImage 0.19.20406 the problem of the increasing values is gone for me, so i'l set the topic to solved:
Gruß Herbert
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

herbk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:19 am With the update FC AppImage 0.19.20406 the problem of the increasing values is gone for me, so i'l set the topic to solved:
Alright!

Should anyone else experience this problem, or should it reoccur later, please report it.

Russ
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [solved] Value increase error: editing 3D Surface changes values all by itself

Post by chrisb »

The auto value changes are fixed, but the BoundBox Extra Offset values are greyed aout and not editable at all.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.20406 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: bb45a2b01f9aafeae00cdf60c87b43fc36ad28ad
Python version: 3.8.2
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: C/Default (C)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [solved] Value increase error: editing 3D Surface changes values all by itself

Post by chrisb »

Concerning the semi-responsive expression aware fields, which don't immediately show a changed value, I just realized that they worked in 0.18, but don't in 0.19. Perhaps it's a Qt thing? Should I open a new topic for this?

Ok in:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16146 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.18.4)
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.7
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

Not ok in the version from my previous post.
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

That's more recent than 0.18, I've never used 0.18 and this probably came when I move my master build from qt4 to qt5.

If I had to say from memory, I'd say master in November was not doing this. IIRC that was about the time I swapped to QT5, so I'm not clear if it was qt, or a master change concurrent with my changing my build system .