V0.18 legacy page for Std_DrawStyle?

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

V0.18 legacy page for Std_DrawStyle?

Post by Roy_043 »

The meaning of the Std_DrawStyle arguments has changed in V0.19. How should this be handled in the wiki?
Should I save the current page under a new "Legacy" name and point to that page from the updated main page?
Note that the FreeCAD_draw_styles.svg image must also be updated.
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: V0.18 legacy page for Std_DrawStyle?

Post by Roy_043 »

Maybe the best solution is to adapt the page for V0.19 and add a paragraph explaining the V0.18 differences?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 pm Maybe the best solution is to adapt the page for V0.19 and add a paragraph explaining the V0.18 differences?
In general, we always document the newest version, and we ignore the older versions. It may not be the most gracious way to handle it but we don't have enough manpower to really produce parallel documentation for 0.18, 0.19, etc. You could do it if you want, but it will be a nightmare to maintain.

The only case we have parallel documentation really is PartDesign Legacy, and that's because that was a major change.

But in this case, the Std_DrawStyle doesn't discuss a very difficult topic. The options are the same as before, they were just moved a little. I think a person that uses the 0.18 version won't get extremely confused about the different order. So, I would just use the 0.19 information and that should be enough.

The image is an SVG. So, you can actually download it, change the order of the smaller images, and upload it again with your changes.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

vocx wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 pm change the order of the smaller images, and upload it again with your changes.
That was my first thought. But somehow the images do not have the same size and just reordering them looks rather messy.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

@vocx:
The Hidden line image in FreeCAD_draw_styles.svg has a white background. How did you achieve that? I get a blue background.
Attachments
Std_DrawStyleHiddenLine_example.png
Std_DrawStyleHiddenLine_example.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 440 times