Catalina

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Flembo

Re: Catalina

Post by Flembo »

When i open the program i am presented with two options both of which i will attach to this reply. When either option is on my screen there is no menu bar.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 04.12.02.png
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 04.12.02.png (119.93 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 04.20.34.png
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 04.20.34.png (212.04 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I'm sad to say but I have no idea what's going on. I would retry after deleting the folder ~/Library/Preferences/FreeCAD .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Right i have deleted everything to do with Freecad, I will try and do another fresh install and see what happens. Thank you all for your words of wisdom, really is appreciated.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You can try to Start from a terminal and See if the output shows what's going on.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Can you try launching FreeCAD from a terminal and see if there is any error output displayed? I have seen weird program startup issues like that when working on packaging and the install is broken in one way or another.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
leonardshelby

Post by leonardshelby »

Download the latest 0.19 release https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... -conda.dmg from github, then double-click the .dmg, then move the app to /Applications folder, then start the app, then go to system security settings and allow freecad to execute, then click "open anyway".
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Just wondering if it would be worth going back to an earlier version of the operating system and see if it works on that. I have redownloaded Freecad and tried different ways to install the program and each time is the same as the images I have posted.
martin51

Post by martin51 »

Flembo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:31 pm Hi yes, I have privileges, starting to pull what little hair I have left out lol. Really do not where to go from here, I have tried the workarounds but to no avail.
I assume that also includes restarting in "Safe" mode to prevent loading of extensions that might cause a problem. Definitely a frustrating problem.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Do not know how easy it is to downgrade to an earlier version of my operating system, I will try and get Mojave to install and then try and see if I have the same problem. I will let you know the outcome. But I must once again thank you all for your wise words of wisdom on this matter. It really is appreciated. Thank you all.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Whoop Whoop done it well done it ish. Had to downgrade mac to High Sierra and install Freecad 0.17. Not the one i wanted but seeing as i am new to all of this it is as good a place to start as any. Now all i have to do is learn Freecad. Cannot thank everyone enough for all the ideas, help and guidance that you have all afforded me. Really is appreciated.