MacOS 11 - v0.18 crashes on Right-Click / v0.19 doesn't even load

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Zolko
Veteran

Re: MacOS 11 - v0.18 crashes on Right-Click / v0.19 doesn't even load

Post by Zolko »

Sunoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:37 pm Thanks for providing your completely useless opinion about macOS, it really helps get to the bottom of the issue with FreeCAD.
MacOS 10.16 is beta software, why did you "forget" to mention it ?

Apple is a multi-billion company with millions of employees, FreeCAD is an open-source project done by a handful of developers. If they want our software to work on their OS, they can pay a couple of software engineers to help out. Else, you'll be left in the dark and we'll spread the word on Internet that MacOS sucks for any serious engineering. We shall see how fast they'll come here crawling for support.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

Zolko wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm MacOS 10.16 is beta software, why did you "forget" to mention it ?
My dude, it's in the word censored subject of this thread.

I'm only here because the FreeCAD Twitter said I should post about the error on the forum. If you don't wanna support macOS, by all means, delete the download. I couldn't give less of a word censored.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Zolko123, this user was considerate enough to give some feedback about a crash, received orientation to post on the forum, create an account, start a forum thread, and discuss said issue.

Please 'read the room' and "don't shoot the messenger".
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The important contributions seem to get lost, so I will delete off topic contributions from this discussion.
looo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:48 pm possible qt update (qt5.12.5 -> qt5.12.9).

can you start the last working version and see which qt-version was in use. You can also check the versions by starting FreeCAD via command line. versions are printed in the terminal.
If you can access the FreeCAD infos in the working and non working versions it may give some insights. For the non starting versions you can post the output from a commandline start.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
vejmarie

Post by vejmarie »

there is something I do not understand. Latest homebrew qt on MacOS is 5.15.1, why do we speak about 5.12 ?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

vejmarie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:31 pm there is something I do not understand. Latest homebrew qt on MacOS is 5.15.1, why do we speak about 5.12 ?
The .dmg we package from conda for macOS uses 5.12.9 (recently updated from 5.12.5)
"fight the good fight"
vejmarie

Post by vejmarie »

ah ok. Thanks for the info