Freecad-daily initialization error

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrwusel

Freecad-daily initialization error

Post by mrwusel »

I installed FreeCAD-daily from the daily ppa:

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Branch: unknown
Hash: ec5bbad6261a7370eb4f5794439cacef643f68a3
Python version: 3.8.2
Qt version: 5.12.8
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
When I start FreeCAD I get error messages shown below:

07:44:41  During initialization the error "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5" occurred in /usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Draft/InitGui.py
07:44:41  Please look into the log file for further information
07:44:42  During initialization the error "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5" occurred in /usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Tux/InitGui.py
07:44:42  Please look into the log file for further information
07:44:43  During initialization the error "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5" occurred in /usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Arch/InitGui.py
07:44:43  Please look into the log file for further information
07:44:43  During initialization the error "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5" occurred in /usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/AddonManager/InitGui.py
07:44:43  Please look into the log file for further information
The Pathworkbench isn't working for me either. When I switch to the workbench and try to create a Path object:

07:53:56  PathJobGui.ERROR: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5
07:53:56  Traceback (most recent call last):
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJobGui.py", line 1348, in Create
    obj = PathJob.Create('Job', base, template)
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 467, in Create
    obj.Proxy = ObjectJob(obj, models, templateFile)
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 143, in __init__
    self.setupBaseModel(obj, models)
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 176, in setupBaseModel
    model.addObjects([createModelResourceClone(obj, base) for base in models])
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 176, in <listcomp>
    model.addObjects([createModelResourceClone(obj, base) for base in models])
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 96, in createModelResourceClone
    return createResourceClone(obj, orig, 'Model', 'BaseGeometry')
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathJob.py", line 83, in createResourceClone
    clone = Draft.clone(orig)
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Ext/lazy_loader/lazy_loader.py", line 55, in __getattr__
    module = self._load()
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Ext/lazy_loader/lazy_loader.py", line 44, in _load
    module = importlib.import_module(self.__name__)
07:53:56    File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module
07:53:56    File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 38, in <module>
    import Draft_rc
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Draft/Draft_rc.py", line 5, in <module>
    from PyQt5 import QtCore
07:53:56  ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5
07:53:56  
I haven't tested all workbenches but some of them work fine like the part and part design wb.
vocx
Veteran

Re: Freecad-daily initialization error

Post by vocx »

mrwusel wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 am

07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 38, in <module>
    import Draft_rc
07:53:56    File "/usr/share/freecad-daily/Mod/Draft/Draft_rc.py", line 5, in <module>
    from PyQt5 import QtCore
07:53:56  ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPvm, version Qt_5
07:53:56  
I think the problem occurs when trying to load any of the compiled resource files, meaning Draft_rc.py, Arch_rc.py, etc.

These resource files are compiled by Qt from SVG icons, .ui files, translations, etc.

This error was reported when Ubuntu 20.04 was newly released because there was a mismatch between PySide2 and Qt5, I think.

There are some threads about it; I think the solution was to install some the packages from Qt5 containing the resource compiler, called "rcc", or "python3-pyside2-rcc", or "python3-pyqt5-rcc", or something similar.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

kkremitzki wrote: ping
What's the status on the above post?

I think the problem was that Qt5 did not match the version of PySide2, so the solution was to use PyQt5 to compile the resource files? But this seems to embed the requirement for PyQt5 inside the resource files (Draft_rc.py) or something like that.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Judging by this path:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so

particularly the /usr/local part, it looks like you have an additional installation of PyQt5 that is conflicting with the system one. Did you perhaps sudo pip3 install that?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
mrwusel

Post by mrwusel »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 am ...

particularly the /usr/local part, it looks like you have an additional installation of PyQt5 that is conflicting with the system one. Did you perhaps sudo pip3 install that?
Thanks! I could fix the problem. Totally missed /usr/local.