[Enhancing Loft] : abilty to use a point as section

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Piero69

[Enhancing Loft] : abilty to use a point as section

Post by Piero69 »

a current limitation is the creation of a loft from an any shape to a point, this ability should be implemeted.

what do you think?
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [Enhancing Loft] : abilty to use a point as section

Post by chrisb »

Good idea. For implementing you may have a look at Part workbench where this is already implemented.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Doesn't it work in Part ?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

In Part workbench it is already implemented and it works. Not so in PartDesign. It is not yet implemented in PartDesign, where it may be necessary for this to implement points in sketches which are visible outside of sketcher.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I remember some years back there was a kind of how to challenge what ends in a point... then I had the same issue that the point don't work. But I remember me vaguely that the problem was the sketcher. when creating a loft it handles the point from the draftwb well but the one from sketcher not.
the point from sketcher is just a placeholder without 'physical' properties...