Easy Tutorial

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Bance
Veteran

Re: Easy Tutorial

Post by Bance »

You have to have had it open at least once in your session, otherwise the preferences aren't available.
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman »

chrisb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm You have to open the Assets or follow this link: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
Hi Chris, Thanks again, tried your Link ?? but way too many options for me, Regards DM
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Dinoman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm
chrisb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm You have to open the Assets or follow this link: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.19_pre
Hi Chris, Thanks again, tried your Link ?? but way too many options for me, Regards DM
Wow, I never heard anybody complain about options. ;)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman »

Bance wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm You have to have had it open at least once in your session, otherwise the preferences aren't available.
Hi Bance, Thanks, I do not understand what you are saying, I can click on Preferences and it opens but no sign of the next part Drafts ??? so what am I missing, also doing the Toothbrush holder I got to the part where is says click on "Coincident" but I cannot find any such tool, any help appreciated, Regards DM
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Dinoman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:45 pm
Bance wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm You have to have had it open at least once in your session, otherwise the preferences aren't available.
Hi Bance, Thanks, I do not understand what you are saying, I can click on Preferences and it opens but no sign of the next part Drafts ??? so what am I missing, also doing the Toothbrush holder I got to the part where is says click on "Coincident" but I cannot find any such tool, any help appreciated, Regards DM
The preferences selection has no option for Draft workbench setting, until after you open the Draft workbench at least once.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Dinoman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm Hi Chris, Thanks again, tried your Link ?? but way too many options for me, Regards DM
To get better advice you should give some input. We don't even know your operating system.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Dinoman

Post by Dinoman »

chrisb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm
Dinoman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm Hi Chris, Thanks again, tried your Link ?? but way too many options for me, Regards DM
To get better advice you should give some input. We don't even know your operating system.
Hi ChrisB, Thanks, I am on Windows 7 and Freecad 0.18, started another Tutorial and I still cannot find the tool "Coincident" any help appreciated, Regards DM
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

With the sketch open:
  • Select two vertices
  • find this icon: Image
  • click it
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

That is the new v0.19 icon. In v0.18 it is just a red dot. It is the first tool in the 'Sketcher constraints' toolbar.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

drmacro wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 pm find this icon:
No, in 0.18 it still was the dot, hardly distuingishable from the slightly bigger geometric element.

Edit: crosspost, the similarity to the geometric element should be noted, so I don't remove the post.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.