name 'FemGui' is not defined

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dukenux

Post by dukenux »

Hi,

I am trying to follow this tutorial http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... utorial/fr, and got an error when selecting the Solver Object.

Here is the full debug message:

Code: Select all

Running the Python command 'Fem_SolverCalculix' failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/odroid/Downloads/FreeCAD-0.16/Mod/Fem/_CommandFemSolverCalculix.py", line 49, in Activated
    FreeCADGui.doCommand("FemGui.getActiveAnalysis().Member = FemGui.getActiveAnalysis().Member + [FemSolverCalculix.makeFemSolverCalculix()]")
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

From the Tuto, I selected GMSH as Mesh generator, and everything went well till the Solver Object selection which failed.
Please note that Calculix_ccx is properly installed (2.9.1). I am running Ubuntu 16.04, and Freecad is 0.16.

[EDIT]: I found a workaround to this issue, which seems to be related to the PsicolFils's macro which does not provide an appropriate Mechanical Analysis container for the Calculix Solver. (Remember that I am not using Netgen but GMSH Mesh instead, because I am using Freecad on an Odroid C2 which does not support the appropriate GPU lib required by Netgen).
The workaround is the following:
When your part is ready for FEM, add a standard Mechanical Analysis from the Freecad FEM toolbar, and AFTER create a Mechanical Analysis from Mesh, using the Psicofil's Macro. This way, the FemGui error has gone, and all the forthcoming step went well. (The standard Mechanical Analysis probably provides to the Solver the necessary container, which is not the case from the Psicofil's Macro).